Home Work

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I have a mission for those of you willing to accept it. Warning: It will require effort on your part. Those with an allergy to work and/or money should not bother reading any further.

Every day between appointments & at lunch or after work make time to call 10 commercial properties and offer a free information packet and gift certificate. Be sure ask who you should address the packet to. Once the calls are done (& the information recorded), print the letters, stamp, stuff & address the envelopes. By Friday evening you should have 50 sales packets ready. Put them in you mail box and raise the little red flag. The mailman will take it from here.

Anyway here is what I send... I'd encourage you to write your own, however, your welcome to use this one if you'd like. Make sure you change the contact info...

Letter.jpg

GC-pic.jpg

I also include a business card and a flyer. It works well for me. I've had customers hang on to it for 3 months before they called... Anyway 10 letters will take about 45 minutes (phone calls included). Less if you talk someone into helping... It's a great lead generation source with a high conversion rate.

CleanEvo

It seems like a nice package, but why 2000 square feet free? I'm all for a demo to show them what they can expect, but that seems like a lot... why not 500 square feet, and even that seems like a lot?

Is this working for you?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Great idea Jeremy- I only would add that perhaps 2-3 different letters be developed for various size prospects with 500, 1000 & 2000 sq ft.

One other suggestion is to add an email address so the person can email if they;d prefer esp if there is a chance they might get vmail when they call.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If I cleaned 2k for free they would'nt need a cleaning for an other year.

BTW most commercial doesn't like to be called at noon or at the end of the day.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
[center:njfgenr7]Remeber you get to choose which properties recieve this letter...[/center:njfgenr7]

Yes, I do change the offer according to the size of the prospect. I have been mailing to some large property managment companies that have some huge office complexs. Chains of Restaurants get the same packet if I can get to the DM and it equates to one location done for free. If you look at you cost to do the job yourself and the redemtion rate, I think you'll find the printing, mailing & demo will keep your cost per customer below $50 per conversion. Assuming you make 2k-15k per commercial customer per year it seems like $ well spent & your only out 2 hours of your time on the demo.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
For those of you that do not have an allergy to work or money ( or who have enough benadryl to see them through) here is the phone script:

Hi, this is , with . We have an information packet & a gift certificate we would like to mail out to you. It is concerning carpet cleaning & floor care & we just want to make sure it goes to the right person. Who should I address it to?

(I.E -Maintenance/Housekeeping Manager, Environmental Services Manager, Purchasing or General Manager -Whoever makes the decision about the cleaning…)

Can you spell the name for me, please? …. Thanks….and would you mind giving me your zip code?

Great, I’ll get this out to you soon. Thanks for your time.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Great idea, Jeremy. Especially with January and February right around the corner. I was all geared up to go back in July/August and got terminally side-tracked. I've still got almost full boxes of low-moisture trifolds and matching business cards sitting in the corner.

trifld_outside.jpg

trifld_inside.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Damn Wayne,
I really like that low moisture coupon...when I get to dallas, I may just start a crew on that kind of work. I will get that card from you when I do.
I need prices.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's an awesome piece Wayne!

Do you think it would have the same impact as a postcard?

As a set send the card those interested you can send the trifold?

braddaddy

I like wayne's idea.

Whenever I see an ad for free sample cleaning I think that they just want to clean part of a room and then anticipate you 'going ahead' and paying for the cleaning of the rest of the room. Thats just taking advantage of customers...Just like "free winter check on your vehicle". Thats crap... they want to find all the things they can scare you into getting 'fixed'.

I think offering a free room cleaning as a sample cleaning is best. They can see your abilities and are not forced into anything....which leaves them comfortable. And if they are comfortable with your business ethics they are comfy with your business.

I get my oil changed at a place that offers me the add on options....not scare tactics to make me change my air filter. People might get the air filter forced on them...but they wont go back there again. IMO

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Looks great Jeremy.

Have you or Wayne compared sending postcards vs sending the letters in envelopes? Which would get better responses?

We had an appointment settler that was getting us demos for commercial, but I felt as if the appointments were not qualified well enough, and my appointment guy was just saying anything to get the appointment.

Bill

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
With commercial I think you'll get your best results tracking down the decision-makers and meeting with them in person. Most of our commercial work has come from the YP's or referrals. We've done letters, postcards and delivering door-to-door but never on any grand scale. The results seem to be about the same.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom