Homeowners are starting to request VLM

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I have had three customers in the last two weeks request VLM. they actually say VLM. I don’t have it listed on my website anywhere., They are doing their own research online and they understand the difference between hot water extraction and low moisture cleaning. I don’t even have to explain it to them. I thought the first two were random, but I had a couple today in their mid-70s request it.
Guess I will have to start keeping the Vibe on the truck all the time.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have had three customers in the last two weeks request VLM. they actually say VLM. I don’t have it listed on my website anywhere., They are doing their own research online and they understand the difference between hot water extraction and low moisture cleaning. I don’t even have to explain it to them. I thought the first two were random, but I had a couple today in their mid-70s request it.
Guess I will have to start keeping the Vibe on the truck all the time.
Buy an Oreck and some simple green

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Everything we thought we knew before doesn't seem to matter now.

I think some of this is an unexpected outgrowth of "covid fears".

I'm getting more and more feedback that "Mrs Consumer" is more afraid of disinfectant than disease, and more afraid of cleaning chemicals and wet carpet than before.

I would have bet anything that the consensus would be "Poison everything, just don't leave virus around!!!". But now it really seems to be: "Get it clean, but I want it dry and no stuff to hurt me left in the carpet".

If you are primarily HWE , reassuring commentaries about safe products, residue removal, and fast drying seem to be more important than sanitizing and disinfection (watch that word!) claims.

The VLM guys may find some reasonable openings to promote their system, with an understanding that "crunchy is bad/soft is good".

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Everything we thought we knew before doesn't seem to matter now.

I think some of this is an unexpected outgrowth of "covid fears".

I'm getting more and more feedback that "Mrs Consumer" is more afraid of disinfectant than disease, and more afraid of cleaning chemicals and wet carpet than before.

I would have bet anything that the consensus would be "Poison everything, just don't leave virus around!!!". But now it really seems to be: "Get it clean, but I want it dry and no stuff to hurt me left in the carpet".

If you are primarily HWE , reassuring commentaries about safe products, residue removal, and fast drying seem to be more important than sanitizing and disinfection (watch that word!) claims.

The VLM guys may find some reasonable openings to promote their system, with an understanding that "crunchy is bad/soft is good".
It wasn’t that complicated. They just did not want wet carpet.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
As long as customers understand the difference, I have no problem doing what they want. Not really a fan of vlm on residential but properly done, it does deliver decent results.

Reactions: Trip Moses

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've been asked to do a "dry clean" in residential a few times...

most of them I've walked in, looked at the soiling and setup my TM
Most likely property managers who didn't get the carpets cleaned fast enough for the new suckers, I mean tenants moving in that same day.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm telling you idiots you're lightly soiled maintenance customers who just do it because it's that time of year will love it we're doing it more and more and both locations and customers long time repeat customers are requesting it

sassyotto

Name
Paul
was thinking about this today.

So a customer takes their 1 year old car into the dealer and says they read online that 30W oil is best for cars so they tell the mechanic to use 30W oil even though the car manufacturer says they should be using 10W30. You (the mechanic) then does what the customer says?

STUPID

Reactions: Hack Attack

FredC

Village Idiot
was thinking about this today.

So a customer takes their 1 year old car into the dealer and says they read online that 30W oil is best for cars so they tell the mechanic to use 30W oil even though the car manufacturer says they should be using 10W30. You (the mechanic) then does what the customer says?

STUPID

What climate does she live in?

• Haha

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I know... The machine is missing me.

My conscience is clear.
Pushing the "clear" button only clears your short term conscience. The FBI geek squad can still find it in your hard drive.

And it absolutely does nothing to clear your karma :winky:

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Dont be a 2004 Mikey P...

The HWE wastewater from the kind of residential carpet that i/we VLM is ALMOST drinkable.

"So much to learn you have"- Yoda
0E84E893-2D65-475B-8044-A7128C659604.jpeg

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom