Honest input needed on these products

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I need honest input about each of these products from people who aren't afraid to get banned from mikeysboard. :shock:

Jondon Products

Citrus Force
Prochem All Fiber Deep Clean
Matrix Grand Slam
Matrix All fiber Rinse
Prochem High Heat
Prochem Liquid Slurry
Matrix Target Tannin
Stain Magic
Red One
Red Relief
Matrix Rust Eradicator
Matrix Filtration Soil Remover
Matrix Spot out
Matrix Spot out Custom label
Matrix Traffic Lane Pre spray
Matrix Wipe Out TLC
Matrix New Decade
Prochem Procaps
Prochem Procaps Later
Prochem Flourisil II
Dupont Teflon Advanced
Matrix Apple Fresh

Chemspec Spot & Go Powder
Prochem Fine Fabric Shampoo

Matrix Urine Pre Conditioner

Odorcide
Prochem Fine Fabric Pre Spray

Bob Foster

It would be helpful if you could tell us what kind of criteria you want to have these products judged by

If they work well>

Are they low same or higher priced RTU to competitive products?

Are they stable?

How helpful is the point of contact for questions to be answered?

How versatile are they?

Are they Stainmaster acceptable?

Are they easy to work with?

How readily available are they to acquire?

Are they environmentally friendly?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I don't jump on the Green bandwagon, but first and foremost is the safety of the customers and technicians

Next is effectiveness
Then cost.

Matrix all fiber rinse seems like a poor substitute for End zone, especially because it is not for stain resist

I have heard spot out doesn't work as well as Home Pro

I don't know if Spot out will effectively replace Avenge. Is spot out UV reactive? I know if you put avenge on a stained piece of clothing and set it out in the sun the stain will disappear with no color loss to the fabric. Can spot out do that?

How come nobody has a product that is comparable to BridgePoint's Deliminate?

Do the matrix spotter actually take spots out or would I be better off with Prochem, or just stick with Bridgepoint?

Do the low vapor formula's of ultrapac compare to zone perfect?

Is all fiber rinse as effective an acid rinse as end zone?

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
They all work fantastic, Gary. Trust me on this. :)

Island Boy

PS Nobody will get banned with honest feedback on Jon-Don products. Why not? A) Mikey wouldn't do it and B) Jon-Don wouldn't ask.

PPS Gary, maybe the reason your boss wants you to at least consider buying your stuff from Jon-Don is if you spend 5,000.00 on ANYTHING from Jon-Don over the preceding 12 months before your SFS seminar the class is FREE! With SFS cost at 695.00 by my calculations that works out to a 13.9% discount right off the top!

Gary, my current product knowledge is abysmal. But if you will send me your contact info I'll have Jeff Siena contact you. He is very knowledgeable and will be happy to help. stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Well, I can't comment on all that stuff but matrix grand slam with a couple ounces of citrus force will clean pretty much anything.

If you do try the grand slam though make sure to get the frangrance free version because the original stinks. Actually in most cases I only add just enough citrus force to get a little frangrance and I get lots of comments on how good it smells.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Happy with performance, and I trust my distributor to be honest and give me full support on all purchases.

The owner is the one not happy with the prices. He just sees the price at the bottom of the invoice and freaks out.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Do you buy in case quantities at Interlink? If you do they should be kicking a discount for that.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
packfancjh said:
Do you buy in case quantities at Interlink? If you do they should be kicking a discount for that.

Whenever I try I am told not to buy more than I need for right now...

I have a feeling things are going to be run differently at this company very soon.
I will most likely be scolded for not getting case and pallet discounts, we will find the most cost effective efficient products and ordering system.

We will then streamline our filing system by moving away from paper filing into some sort of database software, attend SFS and focus on image and marketing etc. etc.

It's gotten to the point where the owner and I can both agree that things aren't running like we want them to. Most likely disciplinary action will be taken against me for not streamlining things sooner, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.... SFS!

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Buying in bulk will usually net you better savings and save you trips to the supplier therefore saving gas also. Whatever products you choose to go with or stay with I recommend bulk purchases. It will help the bottom line.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Prochem's High Heat: Used it for several years, works great, switched to Axiom.

Prochem's Liquid Slurry: Use in our Butlers, it's good stuff.

Flourisil II: OMS based, good product for water sensitive fabrics.

Dupont Teflon Advanced:
Good Product, comparable to Scotchguard

Prochem's Fine Fabric Shampoo: Good neutral shampoo, can be mixed as a prespray or used for natural fibers.

Odorcide: Good product, our main deodorizer.

Prochem Fine Fabric Prespray: We use it as our everyday prespray for standard care fabrics.

Name
Evets
If I'm not mistaken Grand Slam is the same thing as Ultra Pak. Prochem makes them both. I used it for awhile but I think I developed a cough from it. Still use it as a back up when I'm out of Judson 02 Juice. Customers really like the Judson citrus smell too.
And I like how well it cleans.
Cough stopped when I switched.

John Watson

I will tell you about the ones on your list I have or still use.

Jondon Products

Citrus Force
Prochem All Fiber Deep Clean
Matrix Grand Slam
Matrix All fiber Rinse
Prochem High Heat
Prochem Liquid Slurry
Matrix Target Tannin
Stain Magic--------------Love it
Red One ----------------Great product
Red Relief ---------------Still use now and then
Matrix Rust Eradicator ---- Like T Rust better, Bottle aint MT yet
Matrix Filtration Soil Remover
Matrix Spot out
Matrix Spot out Custom label
Matrix Traffic Lane Pre spray
Matrix Wipe Out TLC
Matrix New Decade
Prochem Procaps
Prochem Procaps Later
Prochem Flourisil II ---------Still have a couple of gallons for the past 10-12 years
Dupont Teflon Advanced----- My #2 protector
Matrix Apple Fresh

Chemspec Spot & Go Powder
Prochem Fine Fabric Shampoo--- Use for uph and rug cleaning Good product

Matrix Urine Pre Conditioner

Odorcide
Prochem Fine Fabric Pre Spray

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
B&BGaryC said:
I need honest input about each of these products from people who aren't afraid to get banned from mikeysboard. :shock:

Jondon Products

Citrus Force- great boost for any prespray.. but like was mentioned above couple with grandslam=Prochem ultrapac, works very well.
Prochem All Fiber Deep Clean= same as Matrix All Fiber Rinse. This product is safe for stain resistant fabrics. Works very well in conjunction with grandslam.
Matrix Grand Slam is custom label prochem ultrapac. Works very well and no health risk as long as you rinse it completely.
Matrix All fiber Rinse- See Prochem above.
Prochem High Heat-no experience.
Prochem Liquid Slurry, no expericne, but I do like the dry slurry.
Matrix Target Tannin-If you are going to by stain products from Jon Don. just getting the matris spotting kit = Citrusolve, Breakdown, Release, Target plus oxidizer and Reducer AND Ink away, rust eradicator, spot out, red cross, tamping prush, and bone spatula in nice tool box. 95% of the spots/ spills that don't remove with reg cleaning, come out with something from the kit. Add your favorite red stain product(cause the red Away included does not work.) and a Stain magic product and you are good to go. the first four are the work horse and they work awful well.
Stain Magic-I haven't like this all too much.
Red One-no experience but it intrigues me.
Red Relief-We stock this and its are go to red/stain problem
Matrix Rust Eradicator-works very well.
Matrix Filtration Soil Remover--I prefer the prochem filter out.
Matrix Spot out- Benefits: Self Neutralizing Ph, won't set a stain permanently if it does not come out, Rinse free. We use spot kitting and give this to our custmors for them to use. This way I know what they have used and they can't set a stain permanently and when this doesn't work, they just call us.
Matrix Spot out Custom label- Bad: have to buy four case minimum. Good, great consumer spotter and general spotter for pro.
Matrix Traffic Lane Pre spray--no experience
Matrix Wipe Out TLC--Tried it.. not impressed. liked enzall and powerburst better.
Matrix New Decade-Works ok for all fibers but not enough trial with product to tell complete effectiveness.
Prochem Procaps -no experience
Prochem Procaps Later-no experience
Prochem Flourisil II-no experience
Dupont Teflon Advanced-no experience
Matrix Apple Fresh-- All the Matrix deoderizer,scented space sprays work very well when post spraying or even adding to say the non smelling grandslam or to the rinse.

Chemspec Spot & Go Powder-no experience
Prochem Fine Fabric Shampoo-- no experience. we use Masterblend

Matrix Urine Pre Conditioner- used in conjunction with the Bottom line.. works very well for pet oder removal

Odorcide-no experience
Prochem Fine Fabric Pre Spray- again we use masterblend
and matrix outset and impression for the upholstery

Also we like Finisher first= Formula 90
Powerdered and liquid 77-Chemspec
And the Matrix Olefin TLC

How was that for brutally honest?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
R.Chavez said:
[Prochem Fine Fabric Prespray: We use it as our everyday prespray for standard care fabrics.

Can you foam this product on with a pump sprayer and foaming nozzle?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Stevie Bs said:
If I'm not mistaken Grand Slam is the same thing as Ultra Pak. Prochem makes them both. I used it for awhile but I think I developed a cough from it. Still use it as a back up when I'm out of Judson 02 Juice. Customers really like the Judson citrus smell too.
And I like how well it cleans.
Cough stopped when I switched.

Ultrapac Gave me a cough when I used to use it 3 years ago. Worked well though. I use Zone perfect and am happy with it and get no cough.

G

If it is foam you want then you could probably put it in a bucket,whip the hell out of it then apply the foam with a good sponge.

M

Mark Imbesi

Gary,

When I was cleaning HWE pre 2004, I was very happy with the Matrix line. I used, everyday, their spotting kit exclusively, Grand Slam pretreat w. All Fiber Rinse for carpet, Outset pretreat w. All fiber Rinse for upholstery, Urine Pre-Conditioner followed w. Bottom Line for pet stain/odor. My clients LOVED the free bottle of Spot Out! Though I never tried Apple Fresh, I have had good success with Matrix's other scents. The Matrix Soil filtration Remover was awesome the one time it was needed, but it needs to be rinsed aggressively. My protector of choice then was Dupont Teflon.

Jon Don, Langhorne, PA is a hour from me and I was always treated very well.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
O2 just didn't do it for us. Kept having to go back to the truck and get the Grand Slam to get it clean.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Mikey,

Would you please ban Watson for lack of sufficient enthusiasm in his above post? (You know you've been aching for a reason for a long time!)

Remember the free seat to SFS that is just one more benefit to the above chemicals, Gary.

Island Boy

PS OK, Mike, I reconsidered my banning request only because if Elwood J isn't on the internet he'll be bugging poor Helen and i really like that little lady. So please let Big John stick around.

Mikey P

Administrator
Are you sure, I've been looking for any reason at all to toss him.

and Steve is right, no one at Jon Don would ever ask me to edit any comments made about them or their products or services.

And if you think they are uptight over there, just wait till you see their next banner campaign here :shock:

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson

Who the heck has been telling you that? It certainly wasn't me and I sure can't think of anyone in the shop that would tell you that. I can't count how many companies won't buy in case quantities, which is just plain stupid unless it's a product you rarely use.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
I've seen the ads, Mikey. Big Billy and Mark in Jon-Don Marketing showed them to me last week. Be afraid ... very, very afraid.

IB

PS I think Billy came up with them after a very long night with Sir Guiness. I don't know what Marks' excuse is.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
MicahR said:

Who the heck has been telling you that? It certainly wasn't me and I sure can't think of anyone in the shop that would tell you that. I can't count how many companies won't buy in case quantities, which is just plain stupid unless it's a product you rarely use.

Marty tells me not to buy in quantity every single time I ask him.

And just today he told me by not planning ahead and buying in quantities I am wasting company resources and making it hard for him to give me a decent Christmas bonus.

I have been working for him for long enough to know I need to make a list of things to talk to him about, prioritize it in order of importance and wait for some down-time to pitch ideas at him. Asking him if I can put a big chem order in while he is knee deep in a trauma cleanup is never a good idea.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
BTW, unless Jon Don has a substantial 4 case discount, it looks like it's gonna be a dead heat if I go through interlink for all my chems and buy in bulk on my commonly used items I will come out better or even. If that's the case, no need to switch, other than the immediate bonus of an additional 350-700 dollars off tuition for purchasing another 900-2900 dollars of product.

However, if I do switch to Jon-Don, you do realize the interlink guys are going to let all the air out of my tires ever time they see my van right?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
B&BGaryC said:
However, if I do switch to Jon-Don, you do realize the interlink guys are going to let all the air out of my tires ever time they see my van right?

But, joking aside, these are my friends. It's more than just business. Heck, Micah even taught me how to clean carpets. I got my CCT and UFT in their classroom. They paid for me to go to a marketing school along with some other selected customers.

They give me free samples of new products. Not little one use packets or 4 oz bottles. They just tell me to pull a whole bottle off the shelf and use it. They let me demo equipment. They let me borrow equipment in a pinch.

Free soda. (I'm supposed to pay a quarter, but they look the other way)

Free business advice.

They take my machine in for service any time and every time I need it, even if they are in the middle of multiple installs.

They have sent a mechanic out to a job site to observe how a machine worked under normal operating conditions to help trouble shoot. (When I worked for another company)

Micah stopped at a job site, signaled me out to the van but cutting my suction, and let me invite him onto the job to help me finish up instead of taking his lunch break. That's right, he came and worked as my assistant. (Wanted to see if he could give me any pointers I presume)

Heck, Micah is gonna be spending his Saturday helping me put up a garage with some friends.

Bill always makes sure he's running a professional operation. He gets on his guys sometimes on my behalf. (Unnecessarily so, but I appreciate the sentiment.)

Nate will listen to the radio for our ads, and give me advice on ad placement to target my marketing and make it more effective, and let me know what worked for his old cleaning company.

Morgan their Mechanic has won awards for his installs and he really is good at what he does.

Matt offers helpful advice when he can, fills in for Morgan when he's busy, takes the order out to the truck for you, and best of all, he's great comic relief, and always has a big goofy smile.

I don't belief Trent works for them anymore, because I haven't seen him in some time... But Trent has a wealth of information and was a smart hire for Express.

Express brings great instructors for their schools....

Granted, I have been frustrated with express before, it's only fleeting, and it's only because I own an unreliable TM whose manufacturer doesn't offer any support for their product.

So then you must ask, why would I want to switch my supplier?

Because I can get it cheaper?

Because Bridgepoint isn't a good brand?

Because having freight shipped is better than picking it up myself?

To save money on SFS?

Because we like the Typhoon air movers?

Because ????

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Can you foam this product on with a pump sprayer and foaming nozzle?

Never tried it Gary.

If were were wanting foam we would generally use Fine Fabric Shampoo and a Horse Hair brush, you can whip up a good lather with it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom