Horrible filtration staining

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
that's not all that bad, Big Slim

No one mentions them cause they're one of those tools that gets bought, used once or twice and then gets buried in the corner of the garage with all the other useless tools

crevice tool isn't what you need, Joel.
4" to 6" hand tools work best on the most tenacious filtsoil
4" PMF enclosed jet (not "internal" jet) is a great one due to it's concentrated mega flush floodjet .
if you use a TM, be cautious of jet distortion though cause you may need to turn down the PSI for some carpet types like dense Saxony or cheap builders grade cut pile

After a good vac, (cause often it's pi55 poor housekeeping and not true filtsoil) we hammer it with strong butyl pre-sprays spiked with oxy, rub in some fels, add some "Florsheim" agitation and let it dwell

and hell yea we charge extra when it's severe and requires more than nuking ....and "hands and knees" work is needed
We also advise them whats needed to correct it by caulking at the floor and wall joints ...otherwise it will return

..L.T.A.

With Meat here. I had same type job Saturday, used Flex with citrisol? (new product....sample product). White painted baseboards, so using a spotting brush was touchy. Let it dwell a bit, used a PC upholstery tool at 500 psi, 230* and let 'er rip. Came out, but raised the price of the bill. It said to be caused, in the last 20+ years, because houses were built too tight, insulated, with no breathing room. Combined with candle burning and poor vacuuming, the air had no place to got but along the walls and floor intersect, filtering out all the soot. Outside walls were the worst.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
IMO when it is throughout a house, I would ask if they burn candles. I then recommend not burning candles. I use a degreaser that I spray along all the baseboards of the room before I even spray the rest of the room. Let it dwell for a short time. I then will spray parallel with the baseboards with wand and then clean and extract. Sometimes its just a lack of cleaning along the baseboards by previous cleaners. You can generally keep it under control by proper and regular cleaning.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Mikey;

The worst cases are seen with families that cook a lot.

Volatile oils get mixed in the HVAC airflow and deposit on the filtering carpet.

Once these oils are oxidized, they become more difficult to remove.

We use our H.D. Preconditioner containing multiple solvents to remove them:

http://pet.com/zen/index.php?main_p...h_in_description=1&keyword=H.D.Preconditioner

Larry

Usually see it newer homes. hardly ever in older homes. To me it seems like we see it in houses that are wrapped Tyvek or similar product. House envelope is wrapped and doesn't breathe. Draft has no where to go but out the walls, around the heat ducts and crawl space access.

don't recall ever seeing it in a house that has the HVAC ducts in the ceiling

can get rid with vacaway cyclone and hand tools but it always comes back

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Usually see it newer homes. hardly ever in older homes. To me it seems like we see it in houses that are wrapped Tyvek or similar product. House envelope is wrapped and doesn't breathe. Draft has no where to go but out the walls, around the heat ducts and crawl space access.

For us We find that it has a lot to do with Smoking or Burning of Candles. Thank God that the fad of burning candles is over (or at least a lot less common,) and replace by the wax warmers the can dump tons of wax.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I would use fels to remove as much filtration as possible also. No fun, but if the client is willing to pay for it then I say go for it.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My PC upholstery tool works pretty good on this with a citrus scrub. But its a pain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Don't overlook a key point in this thread: It WILL come back!

Exactly. We have customers that use us every year simply because we are able to correct.

We fetch $2-5 per linel foot depending on fiber type, color of carpet, qty, and soil level.

Most folks opt to just do what can be seen around furniture.

Back
Top Bottom