Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Pros? Cons?

sb-sideview.jpg

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Pros: awesome handle, feels very natural to use it.

Versatile, prescrub residential, encap commercial, tile and grout prescrub, and we used it for stone polishing too!

I love my Orbot. Almost the best purchase I made in this business! (About 24grand in 10 months from a 3grand machine is not bad)

Cons: a little bit slower in large commercial setting then a mex. But in my opinion it does a better job when you stop and put an absorbent pad under it and go over the bad traffic lanes and "extract" dirt unlike the mex..

A little too pricey.

Atomizes solution too much. Better not use snake oil and Releasit ds with it. (guaranteed headache and coughing office workers)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like the Orbot, I think they work great and we've had no problems with spraying Snake Oil, Pad Cap Pro or Hot Knife. It will make you cough with Releasit, so we only use it shower fed though a Cimex.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Biggest drawback is cheap bearings, other than that the only thing wrong with them is I no longer sell them... LOL I can hook you up with an Orbitec or a CCS machine if you'd like.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Thanks for your help Jeremy.

I can't get away from the look and style of the orbot. Perseption to the customer is a selling point.
Image is everything.

I will still consider all my options.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
If I was scrubbing and running I can see the usefulness but padding with it would make me a slave to my washer and dryer.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
If I was scrubbing and running I can see the usefulness but padding with it would make me a slave to my washer and dryer.

Being an ex Chem-Hack myself, I can understand the washer slave thing.

Is there a scrub only head on the Orbot?
I know there is a tile scrubing head.

They also have the scrubbing pads as well of course.

Pretty is very important to me. shiteatinggrin

Walt

You can use a fiber plus pad instead of an absorbent pad, however they seem to fall apart fast in comparison to a cimex. You can go a long way with tuway pads before you have to change them out.

One of the biggest benenfits to the orbot is that you cab lift it in the van with out killing yourself. That's newly impossible with the cimex.

The orbot takes a little longer to master than the cimex.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I shouldn't have a problem mastering it but I would like to learn the options.

No scrub brush head?

I know it scrubs while it cleans somewhat.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
No, there isn't a shampoo brush option as far as I know... You can run pads, bonnets or towels.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Marc Imbesi said:
Walt said:
....The orbot takes a little longer to master....

I just purchased a HOS Orbot w/SprayBorg and I'm trying to master it from a Challenger OP. That's not meant to scare anyone, just stating its different. I'm trying to incorporate the SprayBorg in a residential setting and finding I need to clean like Im cutting a lawn. If I prespray ahead, like with a Challenger, and take the SprayBorg off, the big difference I'm seeing is the Orbot is much easier to maneuver, with or without the wheel down. Also, this machine, by far, is the most professional looking machine among the OPs. It doesn't appear to be built outta someone's garage....

Huge reason for me. Bringing that in the home will be impressive. As long as it isn't a total POS. I'm good.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Image is very important....in fact it's everything. Without it you are just someone else.
Of course you have to uphold that image by actually doing great work.

Mikey P

Administrator
from what I've gathered the HOS is better suited to resi type piles that cant take the agitation that CCS/Clark machines provide.

IMO you should not be OPing resi work anyhow.
For commercial work I think the HOS could use a bit more travel in its magical OP action.

Ryan

Isn't John G. supposed to be coming out with a new machine that will blow everything else a way when it comes to productivity? You may want to wait for that one if your not going to be starting up for a while.

Ryan

Marc Imbesi said:
Ryan said:
Isn't John G. supposed to be coming out with a new machine that will blow everything else a way when it comes to productivity? You may want to wait for that one if your not going to be starting up for a while.

I gave it consideration before I purchased the Orbot. John G. couldn't prove it's worth to me. It will sell for well over $4K. The 3 speeds is overkill. It definitely looks garage (homemade) made, and I wasn't happy with it's name; the Trinity. I wouldn't feel comfortable using it in a Jewish home or business. Plus, John G's arrogant attitude isn't what I want behind my company. BTW...he's out of GladPads until December....fabulous customer service, eh?

Yikes... I just thought I would give the guy a plug, after destroying him in arguments so many times in the Rubber Room. :p

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I remember it now.

I think I will try out the Orbot. Good reviews from some respected MB members. That tends to be enough for me to at least try it out.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to going into houses and cleaning again. I just want to spend some time getting it going and then see about subbing or employing.

If I like it enough, maybe I will just do it part time while I fill up some crews.
I just need to get out of the office sometimes and this will be good.

I plan to really build the commercial side of this.

I'll be spending most of my computer time a the SFS site and dusting off the materials that I recieved from the class.

I love a little change, and I love a new toy. Whether it be a computer, phone, cleaning equipment or Truck.

Did I mention that I get to buy a new truck to put it all in??? shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin :shock: shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom