hoses plugging up

nickreal

Not really a high performance thread but....

I'm having real issues with my truckmount. Either sucked up a bunch of stuff from the hose bib at a bank repo we cleaned yesterday, or something inside the water / solution system is coming apart and plugging up at nearly every connection in the machine. The jets and filters plug up within 5 minutes of running. I already disconnected the wand and ran the solution line wide open for a few minutes to flush the system.

I Haven't done any maintenance to the machine other than change the oils and grease it regularly. I also had to replace some of the hoses. I had the local tractor guy make up some hydraulic hoses, the only problem I see is maybe the steel fittings he used on the ends of the hose could be rusting up.

Any ideas / suggestions?

John Watson

First learn to read and post in the right area.

2nd always run hosebib to flush contaminents spiders, ants, snakes and espesilly if has sat for a while and has steel pipes. You can see the rusty water right now.

3rd always have a strainer at the inlet side of your fresh tank to keep out contaminates.

If it wasn't there before yesterday sound like you figured it out. Now you just have to double check all your screens and ckeck valves in your system including your wand. Just flushing doesn't always work. take apart and clean espessily the strainers.

Greenie

nickreal said:
... The jets and filters plug up within 5 minutes of running...

The question I have is: Plugs up with What?

Also it's not likely the steel fittings are your problem, most all TMs use steel fittings/crimps.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Every two weeks or so I circulate a couple of gallons of vinegar through my Butler. Let it sit for an hour and circulate again. I then flush the system out with water and I am ready to go.
I use well water for cleaning and before I used the vinegar I would have clogging issues every so often.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I was having that problem for awhile. I eventually replaced every hose on the darn thing and it was still happening. After replacing the unloader valve, the problem stopped. I think the o-rings in the valve were coming apart and screwing up the system.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom