hospital carpet

Clark Chad

local hospital has been using whittaker machine and crystals for several years and now want me to extract. Taking suggestions on presparay to use for commercial olefin gluedown.

Name
I'm Rick James
Use a "green" product, there are a million of them out there. May want to post pad if you can, to get the dirty the TM/portable cant extract.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I would not encap a hospital. Especially since they want you to get the previous product out.

You find issues with VOCS and patients sensitive to odors. The carpet should be in pretty fair shape. I think lots of flushing - i.e. water volume - will be the key. I don't keep up with what units everybody runs. But you can modify your system to provide more water flow and more vacuum to remove the water.

Try a green presrpay with no solvents such as bridgepoint's Green Balalnce Prespray and Neutralizing Rinse.

Scott Warrington

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Heres a thought- Microban clean carpet sanitizer. I bought a case by accident and it works ok. I think it would be perfect for a hospital.

Rex Tyus

Doug Cox said:
Heres a thought- Microban clean carpet sanitizer. I bought a case by accident and it works ok. I think it would be perfect for a hospital.
That is what I was thinking(if he is charging enough to use it, Shit is 4 times the use cost of traditional rinses). I use it to clean my house with. Works really good. Smells great for days.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
A nice acid rinsing product would be my choice for extraction.
The carpet is already FULL of detergent.
I can't believe people THINK that this Releasit and a cimex or OP will clean everything.
Step away from the koolaid!

Its only a SHAMPOO process.

DO THE RIGHT THING!

steve r

sounds like a job for a steamin demon.ive never used one but it sounds like this is what it is designed for,flushing.if you dont hve one it might be time to get one.

Clark Chad

can't use cimex , they already use encap on it. They asked for HWE! I have never found a green product that works very well. Why acid rinse an olefin?

GRHeacock

I agree- do not add a detergent to what is already there.

Try a small section with plain water first, to see what, if any detergent is already there.

Then try another small section with a rinse to see how that goes, then proceed with which ever works best.

Anyway, do NOT use anything that has an odor of any kind.

The place is fulla sick people who will be sensitive to odors of any kind. Especially anything that lingers for days.

Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom