Hoss gear fluid

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
enamaqa7.jpg

If I did this with my hoss, I would have a mess on my hands. I am constantly wiping fluid off the deck. Is there a gasket in there or suppossed to be a gasket in there?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I will take a closer look at it when the sun comes up but I don't think there is one in there.......(?)...

Have you tried snugging them up a bit.........

Mikey P

Administrator
My RVXL didn't come with a breather stone. Started leaking from the gear box lid almost right away.

They want me to rip into it to replace something called a roll pin and or send it back for them to do..ugh.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Mine started leaking immediately as well, and I store it standing upright.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Sorry........the only thing that went like I wanted it to was the sun did come up..........

I looked at both of mine and it looks like there is some type of sealant between the metals........

How bad does it leak when you are using it.....

I would be more concerned about sooner or later running out of oil and locking the thing up....should be easy enough to separate and re-seal.......

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I just checked it and it was too low on gear oil. Put almost half a quart in it.

We only use it a couple times a week. I wipe almost every time I use it. I just topped it off about 2 months ago. I didn't realize it was leaking this much. Obviously getting worse to lose that much that quick.

jyjedu4u.jpg

erapu4u3.jpg

unupyja4.jpg

umame3yn.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Thanks for the post-- i was thinking of buying a HOSS but ill think ill hold off for now. I had a powerglide rotary extractor but I felt it slowed me down- But It was nice to have after a long day and the last carpet was trashed.. Maybe the HOSS would only end up in my bone yard also?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom