Hoss lines

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I cleaned some cgd and the hoss left these 2 inch wide lines where we went across the carpet. It pushed the pile down. Tried to rake them out, no go. Gave it a few days to see if traffic in the office would help it blend. It cleaned the nasty carpet great.
I'm going to have to go back and see if the crb will fix the problem. I was using the square Teflon glides.
Anyone every have this problem? It's my insurance agents office to make things worse.

Thank you​

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Only got one picture. He never stopped watching us. I need to figure out how to post it from my phone.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
20141009_182459.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
It was dirty but not anything out of the normal cgd office cleaning.

When you get down and look at the lines the nap is pushed down.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The only time I have seen this happen was older worn CGD....the carpet was crushed down and on one of the cleaning passes.....( left to right I believe )..the machine is standing the loop back up......

normally it will crush back down in a few days after people walk on it some.....

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Maybe you need to cross clean it with the hoss at least you'll have a better pattern. DOAH!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
All of the carpet is standing up now. The lines are crushed down. 1st time cleaning cgd with the hoss.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Check your stainless plate that attaches to the plastic base where the glides and spray bar attach.

Take out the center piece, then take off the round stainless plate. See if it is bent. If you store upright and secure to something by the handle, then it is probably bent. It only takes a a tiny bit.

I have to store mine up because the casing leaks fluid. It bent and almost ruined a 7k sq ft job that we did. Luckily we only did a few areas with it. It took 3x the work to almost correct it, as there were still very light marks.

zedavuty.jpg

e5emyda2.jpg

It is bent at the center cut circle. I don't have another picture of it right now, but it is still sitting in my shop collecting dust.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So how did you correct it?

Mine rides in the van upright on carpet pad.

I will be checking that tomorrow. This thing sound like it needs a cradle.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mine has rode up right with nothing under it since day one....and it had been fine......

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
So how did you correct it?

Mine rides in the van upright on carpet pad.

I will be checking that tomorrow. This thing sound like it needs a cradle.

Lots of high heat steam, ran a crb over it dozens of times in several directions, ran a cimex over it, and finally an OP machine.

Not sure why it bent or how it bent. We had it strapped to side wall in the box. My guess is the pressure on the base closest to the wheels finally bent it. We didn't use it very often.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Name
Steve Lawrence
Was your water super hot and possibly burnt or distorted the carpet fibers? I've done that on furniture and could not correct it (other then $ payout to customer.)

Name
Steve Lawrence
Are you sure it's the fibers that are bent and causing the visual to have lines or is it possible that the lines are from the color of the carpet being changed somehow--it seems like all that agitation from CRB, Cimex and OP would have moved the fibers enough to eliminate that visual if bent fibers were the issue.

CameronC

Name
Cameron Cummings
I have had several issues of the hoss leaving those same lines and it has permanently damaged several carpets I have cleaned with it. Tried numerous methods to get rid of them. Prior to the hoss I had used an RX20 with no issues. Needless to say I have stopped using it on level loop carpets, it cleans great on residential carpets, but I no longer feel comfortable using it on cgd.

Reactions: jcooper

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
We have had this happen twice in the past from RX20's (our Rx20's all had glides at the time) and I recently got a call from another company with the same issue. If you were to inspect with a magnifying glass the tips of the loop pile you could see where they were bent over slightly in different directions. I believe from time to time a truck mount will spike with too much heat and cause the carpet to heat set in different directions, because of the close proximity of the jets to the carpet and shroud holding the heat in. We were unable to correct the 2 problems we caused, one of them the client lived with it, the other client had us replace the carpet. At the time we tried using the hottest truckmount we could find and run the wand directly in front of a pile lifter, the problem was we couldn't get a truck over 230 degrees, plus we had a 200' run of solution line.
The good news is we now have a vapor steamer (270 degrees at the wand, so to speak) I rigged the vapor steamer up to a brush pro for the other company and showed them him how to drive super heated steam into the pile while immediately following up with the brush pro. He said he got rid of the problem. You can rent a vapor steamer for about $100 form most rental shops if you don't have one, or call some local carpet cleaners and borrow one like my friend did. If you need a picture of how I rigged it up let me know, and I will rig it back up and show you.
Good luck.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Small point, olefin melts easier than others. Even dragging a heavy piece of furniture across it can leave permant marks from heat/friction. Most commercial at least where im at is olefin.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I wonder if the black &decker wallpaper steamers would work .

I'm thinking Safire scientific should be looking in to this.

This is one of the main reasons I bought this. I guess I will have to get a zipper for the CGD. I don't have the bank account to buy my customers new carpets .

Reactions: jcooper

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
My garage mount. Used to be a steam way machine. I welded up a new frame and rebuilt it. 22hp kohler, 45 blower, 3cp pump and a little giant #3. I have a prochem Pto in my garage that might be my next Frankenstein project.

Back
Top Bottom