Hoss or Zipper

Jerry

Supportive Member
Who here has both? I'm thinking of selling my 360i and moving up to a Hoss. I clean some large movie theater hallways and common areas along with a lot of residential carpet. What, in your opinion would be the best overall choice? I love the 360 for the nasties but it doesn't do worth a hoot on glue down IMHO. Does the Hoss flush really well on heavily soiled carpet? I
thanks so much!

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I have a rat nasty restaurant that I clean every 4 to 6 weeks. Lots of grease. I prespray then hit it with the cimex followed by the 360i. I've also cleaned this place with my Hoss. As much as I want to love the Hoss the 360i did a better job. Once I get my zipper I'll let ya know how it compares.

Reactions: Art Kelley

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
For your scenario I would get a zipper but keep the 360i for residential.
I Guess the new style zipper is working great in both. I loaned my friend the new style one and he loves it...I think he,s forgot where it lives. He,s had it since MF and I can't have it back till this Saturday .

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
If you're mainly doing commercials then for rotaries I would go with the T Rex with the new CGD floating head

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
I have the flex star coming back to me next week, the reviews I got so far have been great .it has been with a cleaner in northern Ca for the last few weeks . And he,s pre ordered one . For his commercial accounts

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Pay the shipping and I,ll let you demo mine for a few weeks. I have to change to pistol Handel . So I could have it shipped out on wed or Thursday to you. Let me know if that's helps

Yes I will take you up on that offer.

Is your the same angle as that Erick made?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Cu isn't that the carbon fiber one?

Just because of all the stress and torque it will endure over it's life time, I think I'd want the metal wand handle.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
In 25 years of using nearly every tool available for carpets I would get the zipper hands down. I wish I could compare it to the hoss but it can't be much different then t-Rex which I loved. The zipper is far most versatile . I would keep the 360i

gene

Reactions: Erik

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
It's a shame i can't rent them to try. I don't believe half of what you guys say.
If you called and asked , it would be of help....because its you it would be pay the shipping and insurance both ways , hold on to the tool for 3 weeks then send it back, no rent fees. What tools did you want to try ?

Jerry

Supportive Member
The Hoss? Looks like a quality machine. The zipper looks sweet as well. I usually use the Cimex or the orbot

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Would the zipper out clean a rotary in a residential setting?
Heres the problem with that question. it depends on the carpet. there are some that i just pull out the rotary. I would only use the rotary on 1% of the carpets because they are just trashed. If thats all you see then you need a rotary.. THe truth is most carpets don't need that much agitation and the zipper would blow it away time and dry wise. It out cleans the wand in every case in my experience. We don't even use a wand anymore.

Gene

hogjowl

Idiot™
So, you can clean both forward and backward with it? It should be faster than the wand, but I suspect not a rotary extractor. Unless, the rotary extractors are REALLY as slow as all the videos seem.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The Zipper will not out clean any RE...but it will out dry them

Correct.......when we did the VFW the Hoss out cleaned the zipper and left the carpets fairly dry for the setting I was using and the amount of flush that it took to get that carpet to brighten back up......but that carpet was trashed ...so it needed the rotary agitation and flush.......

But..I was totally impressed with Erik and the zipper....as many people ran over top of that carpet to test it out... and how dry it was...was amazing......the new bent handle with conventional trigger was the best.....more conformable..........

as far as speed.....as far as I can tell...The Hoss seemed faster...but in all fairness....I have not used a zipper that much and I am more use to using a rotary.....but by watching everyone else and by my own use.....rotaries seem to cover more area.........

I really liked the zipper..and have plans to have one on my truck in the future....but when it comes to really dirty CGD....a rotary is a must.......

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Thank Jim, In all fairness... most of the cleaner never put their hands on a Zipper.
We were using a 13" not a 15".
It was so packed in there, I don't think any tool could get a fair evaluation.
I'm glad Bawb had enough room for his demo, and he does still have it.:rockon:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom