HOSS Steel Glides Recover More Solution Than Plastic Glides

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Reshod the HOSS with steel after running plastic for a couple weeks. Steel definitely leaves carpet dryer in a single pass with my 47 blower suckin on it. I think it's because the slot is too short in the plastic glides. The slots are as wide as the spray bars, but when the HOSS is in sideways motion, they aren't wide enough to capture the trailing spray.

GIDDYAP.

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We can say that for us the hoss has never torn a seam not even a weak seam.

Now the trex on the hand, tech need to pay attention all if the time, as an incoming phone call could end up in a torn seam.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
a lot of this also depends on your set up.......mine gave me better dry times......

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
a lot of this also depends on your set up.......mine gave me better dry times......

Better dry times with no dry pass? When I do a dry pass with steel glides, much less solution is visible in the suction hose than with the plastic glides. Either the plastic glides aren't picking up the trailing spray because the slots don't extend as far toward the perimeter of the turntable, or the plastic glides pick up a lot more than the steel glides with the dry pass. But the carpet feels dryer after a single pass with the steel glides.

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
what kind of pattern are you doing......I do large ovals and over lap about 1/3 with each pass............

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I overlap 25-35%. Do the plastic glides give you better dry times with no dry pass?

I see a difference....Its not a huge earth shattering difference...but it is a difference...and I cant say that I focus to much on doing dry passes....
any time I have to turn around out of a spot to get to another side I will dry pass other then that...I have not had any problems with my dry times so I don't worry about it to much............

Reactions: Johnny

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
But the carpet feels dryer after a single pass with the steel glides.

you can't go by "feel"

case in point, I "thought" hole glides made a world of difference

I cleaned two identical area rugs, one with hole, one w/slot...same wand (a Ti notched to facilitate quick glide change)
The "feel" doing side by sides was dramatic immediately after .
I set the rugs aside and finished cleaning the living rm

when i positioned the area rugs where they go, i could feel NO difference in the two.
immediate "feel" difference right after cleaning, 15-20 min later, no difference

It got me doing side by side tests at home where I could monitor to complete dry
There wasn't/isn't a dimes worth of difference in complete dry times .
carpets were heavy cut pile nylon, short loop olie and heavy cut pile poly

same rooms, same day, same wand, same pre-spray...same everything ..same dry times

..L.T.A.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The zipper dries fast using fans but its only 10 flow compared to 12 flow with my ti.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mike Draper

I've been using the new hoss glides, just took them off. I prefer the stainless steel. They seem to pull more crap out. My new hiss glides are already pretty worn which is why I went back. If it's not broke, don't fix it. I think the steel hoss glides works great as is.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Using rounded glides on my hoss right now. Seem to get better dritimes and better pile lifting but not seeing a huge difference. Still doesn't clean Berber worth a damn.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I got a chance to use the HOSS for the first time today. I think I was fighting it too hard. I think I need to learn how to use it without sweating like a Marty.

Reactions: SamIam

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Are you not familiar with running a 175?

I am. I just felt like it was a little bit more of a strain than I imagined it being. Keep in mind, my primary job in life is laying a meter of wet stuff and working claims...generally pointing and high fiving people.

It was two areas that I used it on so I wasn't there long enough to really get the hang of it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Keep in mind, my primary job in life is laying a meter of wet stuff and working claims...generally pointing and high fiving people.
LOL

I agree it is still work but its not as taxing as wanding all day.

You don't feel worn out like you would with the wand. Well....most of us don't! :winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom