Host / absorbent...approved by the Mills?

DavidVB

We used Host a lot in the mid 80's. We went to their schools and had all their literature.
They had a lot of recommendations from the mills then. I think they still do.

Why is the question. Is it because of superior cleaning while being cost effective, or is it because it is virtually impossible to damage a carpet with it resulting in less problems for the mills?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I just came back from a homeshow that had one of the dry dudes. We'll actually it turned out I was looking at the wrong date. It was last year . dumbass icon.

The hot water bashing by these guys make chemdry look like angels. I wanted to be armed with some info. Maybe I'll write an article and optimize the crap out of it :lol:

Albert

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Albert, most the mills recommend some form of a dry powder cleaning system for interim cleaning. But go on to explain that the carpet needs to be cleaned with hot water extraction on a set time. I'll see if I can drum up some links.

http://www.karastan.com/care_carpet.asp

(link at the bottom) We actually have pushed for them to change this and they are working on updating their standards.

Ha that is the only one I could find for residential..

Jose Smith

Albert,

I do work for a mill called Fabrica. They produce a very high end nylon a few miles away from me in Irvine, CA.. They suggest ONLY absorbant powder cleaning in their warranties.

Jose Smith

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Jose Smith said:
Albert,

I do work for a mill called Fabrica. They produce a very high end nylon a few miles away from me in Irvine, CA.. They suggest ONLY absorbant powder cleaning in their warranties.

Jose Smith

Do you know why?

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Because they are behind the time, we were dealer for fabrica for along time before our rep decied to stop coming down to bloomington for a year and a half. We dropped the line and put it in dead storage.. but we really enjoyed the quality of the carpet. I think fabrica needs to re evaluate its cleaning procedures.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Yes Host is recommended by several mills and of course Milliken recommends Capture. What a surprise.

The reason why - well it is hard to ruin a carpet with Host, yes I know it is hard to ruin a carpet with HWE.

But how many scammers use HWE versus Host?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
It may be an incorrect assumption, but I have a tendency to shy away from any carpet made by a company that requires dry powder cleaning.

Jose Smith

Very high quality fiber and construction but often poorly set dyes, at least in their custom rugs. They will blame the dyer for the problem and tell you to call them (used to be Triple-A Dye) and try to sell a replacement at full retail. We were fortunate to be the second cleaner a few times as we may have been caught by those rugs ourselves. I interceded for a local O-O and got Fabrica to sell him the replacement at their cost (still thousands), but they certainly had no interest in backing their products. Things may have changed, but the recommendation of dry powder cleaning suggests that they haven't.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom