Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
How does this get rid of dustmites?
Sounds kind of hokey to me.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Worry more about the dust mites that are in your bed and your upholstery....wait, are we talking about you? :?:

OK, shower dude and you won't itch as much! :shock:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Host for dustmites

Those crazy dust mites see you trying to clean with that crap and they laugh themselves to death.

RIP

Dave-

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Hey Debbie,

I got the video and book tonight. Watched parts of the video with my 3 yr old, book is much better. Then I went and cleaned my 14yr olds floor, came out good. The only problem is it was clean when I started(for the most part). Looking around for a dirty carpet volunteer this weekend, after my wife has the baby.

Thanks

Name
Deborah Lema
Greg,

Glad you got the materials and are playing with it; as I'm sure you know, the best way to get the hang of things is to reasonably experiment.

You are having a baby this weekend? (Well, your wife.) Congratulations! Um, you may want to wait until NEXT weekend to find another carpet to clean. :)

Regards,
Debbie

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
So please tell us the HOST theory of dustmite removal using your products.It seems like a sensible question.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Yes, it does seem like a good question Jimmy but when the query ends with a statement "seems kinda hokey" then it looks like you've already made up your mind in which case answering said question would seem kinda pointless.

Anyway for what it's worth I'd be interested in hearing the answer, Debbie.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jimmy
Dust mites live off your dead skin, unless you spend a lot of time on the carpet, I can’t see a good reason to concern yourself with the mites in the carpet.

Vacuum with a HEPA vacuum to trap those little boogers, also control your humidity, they don’t like it dry.

It’s your BED that you should be concerned with. You’re shedding dead skin all over the place and your nasty body is keeping those guys warm at night.

Wash your bedding, what the heck, wash yourself!

Once you’re all clean buy some of those allergen covers for your pillow and mattress.

I always wondered what drove you insane…dust mites…I’d have never guessed. :shock:

I think,
You sprinkle magic corn on carpet, dusty mites eat it and get so overstuffed they can't run from the vacuum cleaner and the rest is history.

Mmmmmmmmm.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Is that why James is so interested? Another use for his corn cobs?
nnd.gif

Attachments

• nnd.gif
    nnd.gif
    14 KB · Views: 249

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I am just asking a real question here.

How does the HOST product get rid of dustmites?

Name
Deborah Lema
Jimmy Ladwig! said:
I am just asking a real question here.

How does the HOST product get rid of dustmites?

Okay... here goes. The HOST sponges are engineered to be a certain range of sizes and of a certain moisture level. Some of those sizes are bigger than the dust mite and dust mite leftovers, and when agitated through the carpet, they wipe them off the carpet just like a kitchen sponge wiping a gnat from the counter. The moisture level is balanced so that the cleaning chemistry can be delivered to the carpet, yet there is capillary action necessary for absorption (controlled mini-wicking). Further, the anatomy of a dust mite is such that they absorb moisture from the air by means of a hygroscopic salt solution that they secrete. If those secretions dry up, they die. If you lower the relative humidity, or say, absorb the water away from them that essentially allows them to feed, you're on your way to to controlling the population. Throw in some serious agitation and vacuuming, and that's it in a nutshell.

We have published studies about this if you're interested further (warning: may be boring), which are what the EPA gave their nod to and how we got the EPA registration.

Just talking about dust mites makes reminds me that it's time to go pillow shopping. Did you know that 10% of your pillow's weight in 2 years can be dust mites and dust mite leftovers?
Sleep well!

Regards,
Debbie

I wonder how many of a thousand mites could withstand 250 degree good ole H2O @ 400 psi with emulsifier under 20" of vacuum?

Ah the soa testing could be used for something good afterall.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Toss the pillow periodically, HWE the mattress and HEPA vac your carpet and you will get rid of all the dust mites!

NOT! !!!You can't get rid of them, you can control them at best.

Focus on where they are at, and again unless you're on the carpet a lot and never vacuum, there are higher priority areas.

Jimmy cracks corn and I don't care! :shock:

:wink:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
HOLD THE BUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUSTMITES in themselves, are not the cause of the asthma attacks nor allergy attacks per se.

The cause is a by-product of their faeces (crap), called Der P1

Granted, you will be reducing their numbers, but the crap with the allergy causing stuff is still there.

I also agree with what has been stated about mattresses and pillows holding more dust mites and their crap than carpets and even upholstery.

After all, we spend one third of our life in that hot, sweaty, dark home for dust mites, our bed.

Regular vacuuming and an anti-allergen treatment is good.

So is taking your mattress out and letting it spend a day in the sunshine occassionaly.

Cheers,

Shorty.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I never give dust mites a second thought. That's what we have immune systems for. My old Dr. once told me that asthma is much more prevalent in kids raised in overly clean homes, because their immune systems never get the opportunity to develop normally.

I keep a filthy house and none of us have asthma. We named ALL of our dustmites! :wink:

Take care,
Lisa

Name
Deborah Lema
There's something to be said for that, Lisa! I'm on board with you. However, the folks that are on the other side of the coin affect business. There are still many many misinformed doctors out there telling people to rip out their carpets.

Regards,
Debbie

Name
Deborah Lema
Yes. Not only does it make sense intuitively, there are many studies out there that confirm that.

I personally don't like calling carpet a "sink", though. It sounds unappealing and I think it is detrimental to people's impression of carpet overall. But the logic holds up.

Regards,
Debbie

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The "Sink" is Dr Michael Berry's of course.

I prefer a filter? How about trap? a dump? a bio-cesspool? :shock:

OK a "Sink" is really not that bad!
:wink:

Name
Deborah Lema
Ew: bio-cesspool! Good one.

I prefer "filter", as people are used to having to clean filters and it makes sense to them. Not to mention the fact that it doesn't have the negative connotations of "sink" or the other glorious ones you came up with.

Regards,
Debbie

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Heres an easy solution to dustmite de- population.

Lower the humidity in the house.

Either leave the airconditioner on or lower the humidifier level on your furnace.

I knew what the explanation would be and it still sounds hokey.

And I'm amazed ole' Ricky hasn't been pushing this claim on his SHAMPOO too!

Name
Deborah Lema
Lots of things probably remove dust mites and dust mite leftovers. However, if you're going to make claims about such things, much like disinfectant claims, there needs to be proof. That proof and the claims (with approved language) need to be verified by the EPA.
I've seen lots of products making removal claims that do not have EPA registration numbers; this is illegal. So be careful with what you say, guys and gals.

Regards,
Debbie

Name
Deborah Lema
Mikey P said:
Any news on getting a Host machine and or Rep to Mikefest?

Mike,

I've been suffering a bit from the Short Notice Blues... I know that I can't go. Nor can our Regional guy, or our rep. But maybe our agent can; I haven't reached him yet about it. I'm still working on it. If he can only go one day, which day would be best?

Regards,
Debbie

Greenie

speaking of false claims, how about the cleaners who advertise SANITIZE, knowing damn well you can't sanitize a textile, it's not a counter top for crying out loud.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom