HOST-less

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We've had a number of HOST users contact us for Brush Pro Compound.

I guess this is it.

Sad day, even if it wasn't a system you used or appreciated, the Rench family were a part of our industry for 85 years

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

I guess this is it.

Sad day, even if it wasn't a system you used or appreciated, the Rench family were a part of our industry for 85 years

Was your friend (Debbie?) still working there Jim?

Reactions: Numero Uno

sassyotto

Name
Paul
could be true. Had a fellow cleaner from Florida contact me about HOST products. I contacted my distributor and they said that they are closed on Monday and Friday, but who knows. They have had parts/distribution/product issues for over a year.

Last year I bought all the parts from a HOST distributor. Might become a gold mine!

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Was your friend (Debbie?) still working there Jim?

Debbie departed when her uncle Fritz took the business over from her father Quentin several years back.

She published a white paper that shot down how the CRI Seal of Approval testing was done, and its failings. She also shared a great deal with me about the effect of pH on stain resistance.

Her life after "doing time" in the cleaning industry has been happy and rewarding.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Back in the early 80s we were using HOST exclusively. At one point our company actually hired a former HOST School instructor. He knew just about everything there was to know about carpet. He knew just about everything these was to know about using HOST on carpet. Thing was, put him in a home and he didnt have a clue. Sent him on his first job alone and he called the office and said he needed help. Had to send someone else over to help him get the job done. He didnt last very long.

• Haha
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

randy

Name
Randy

I guess this is it.

I get what you are saying. Having done a lot of HOST and even owned a Von Schrader upholstery unit that I snagged for $250 many years ago, this is somewhat depressing & SAD news. When you think of all those guys that came before us that Francis Von schrader and Mr. Rench were putting into business in the 1930's that were much like us, trying to build a business. I always found the folks at Racine Industries and Von Schrader extremely kind and helpful. They were also innovators along the way and launched schools back when equipment sellers were just getting around to thinking , " maybe we should have an instructional manual. "

To all the HOST & Von Schrader folks, thanks for the help along my journey.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom