Hot enough?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its going to vary depending on the soiling conditions.

I would agree with Mike 210-220 would be ideal but I'd take as low as 190 if it were not heavily soiled.

I don't care much for extreme heat, it just wears out parts and hoses. Plus the injection sprayers don't work well with extreme heat.

IMG_0813_zpsqc5a9ya4.jpg

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Come on now Chavez you might as well be cleaning with cold water that 125 he is getting is weak when it comes to grease.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Not sure I agree with that. 125 will make you work for it, but worlds better than cold (50-60 deg) water.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you don't need blazing heat....but I agree that about 210 is the sweet spot for making your life a bit easier cleaning........

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
If your running 210 at the machine, what temp is it after 150ft of hose? Also is there a device to check water temp at the wand?

Reactions: dwellpro
Name
Lee Stockwell
Testing of temperature effect on outside football turf that was poorly painted a few years ago was interesting. We had unlimited heat available, a 440k btu Kero boiler. Above 230 degF. there was NO increase in cleaning ability. We dialed it back to under 215 for the bulk of it, and as it turned out, the few problem spots didn't come out any better when turning it up.

I burned a couple of little spots where QC's laid in one spot for more than a minute. (Green paint is good).

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
when i had propane i cleaned many a carpet with cold water. never had a complaint or redo because of it. add a little extra chemical and scrub it before wanding. i do prefer water at the wand over 200 but i clean around 140-160 with duals all the time. hoping that changes with the new machine.

gene

hydracat

The kero units can have an ignitor go out like a blown light bulb.
Never at a great time.
If the transformer goes, your ignition source goes. now you have kero shooting through your coil and not being burned. Only happened once to me and fortunately I was home at the time. I grabbed the one in my basement off of an old oil furnace. Its still on there today, but as a back up sitting in my shop.

Mike Draper

I think 210 at the wand is the sweet spot. 210 at the machine is more likely to be 180 at the wand or less depending onoutside temp and flow rate of wand.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Judging by the video, 122 degrees is the sweet spot for barely soiled residential.
So just a little above lukewarm. :errf:

Tepid water consists of two parts cold water and one part boiling water, which renders a temperature of about 40 degrees Celsius, which is round about 105 degrees Fahrenheit. Luke warm water is also considered in the same temperature range, which concludes that both are the same.Aug 13, 2014

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom