HOTZY?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Is there a propane/kero portable small heater I can use to boost solution temps that I can park outside by the door of the restaurant or residence?

Say I run 50 feet from the TM to the unit and from the unit I run another 50-100 feet inside.

It must be small enough so I can just throw in the back of the truck when needed.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Little Giant propane heater in your truck will do the job or I suppose if you like the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning you could put a

Kerosene heater just INSIDE the door of the restaurant......

A Kerosene heater will fill your truck with a real nice black soot if anything goes with the burner adjustments.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Daddy said:
Is there a propane/kero portable small heater I can use to boost solution temps that I can park outside by the door of the restaurant or residence?

Say I run 50 feet from the TM to the unit and from the unit I run another 50-100 feet inside.

It must be small enough so I can just throw in the back of the truck when needed.

the ones I'm familiar with aren't "small"
They're full size burners mounted on a dolly/cart
Primarily used buy the pressure wash dudes

I'm curious, why would you wheel it 50ft from the van?
why not just leave it near the van and run a short connection ?

what am I missing?

..L.T.A.

Bob Foster

Cart_Sys.jpg

http://www.little-giant.com/cleaning_heating.html

Available from Les.

Farenheit251

I would be curious what kind of an increase one of Mytees 110 volt electric heaters would give. I wouldn't want one as the sole source but wonder if it could give the 30-40 degrees most guys need. Doesn't get simpler or smaller.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
harryhides said:
HARPER said:
Do you hook-up direct ...or... do you use a freshy tank ?
Joe, he lives in Nebraska and in the winter, water freezes there.
:mrgreen:

Thanks harry...I feel much better now..
I can assume...that the restuarant doesn't have a hot water tap in the kitchen... :roll:
Can you run your supply hose to the unit direct...from the hot water tap...

I realize this will...not...increase the temp....much....but would it help sustain what his TM
produces.. :?:

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
What about installing another heat exchanger to capture some of the heat off the engine exhaust? It wouldn’t be cheap but there would be no additional fuel cost. If you’re not doing many restaurants it may not be worth it.

The Preacher

why not sub the work out to Hippy Steve. his El Deablo has a kero heater and will melt the grease at Cream of Sum Yung Gui's mens only chinese restaurant!!! :shock:

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Captain Cleantastic said:
I would be curious what kind of an increase one of Mytees 110 volt electric heaters would give. I wouldn't want one as the sole source but wonder if it could give the 30-40 degrees most guys need. Doesn't get simpler or smaller.

Those type of heaters wont do much becouse of the flow rate that you have with a truckmount.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Captain Cleantastic said:

They only give about 10 degrees up with minimal porty flow. Probably not worth the money.

Greenie

Jimmy knows a LG #2HT fits the bill well, and could be left in truck, so why not just buy one? a 40-50 degree rise would be plenty.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Daddy,

Get a LG 2HT and mount it in the van as a post heater.

Or, get one of John's custom machine blower HX's and add that to your Cleanco.

Our LP heater would be overkill.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Daddy,

Yes, it would work, but, it also has an internal oil bath 1200 PSI @ 2.2 GPM high pressure pump, with all of the controls necessary to pressurize water, and heat it.

I thought you said you were looking for just a heater, not a high pressure system too.

At $1800, that's more than an additional HX, or a LG 2HT would cost you, and they could stay in the truck.

The Mitho pressure washer you mentioned also looks heavy, and would require ramps.

How's Blake?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom