How about a Groupon Deal with carpet protector.

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
How about running a deal on half off of Professionaly re-applied carpet protector.
(with the purchase of carpet cleaning)
Normally $65 for three rooms and hall.
Now only $30 for the same.
Then you get to at least charge what you normally do for the cleaning ?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Value adding versus discounting the initial service!!

I like that approach, that's what I always strive to achieve.

I don't have any experience with Groupon, but I doubt that'll grab the attention of it's core clients... (wrong client mentality?)

John

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's sounds like a great idea

But I don't believe Groupon would go for it.

The deals need to be simple....I know it sounds simple to you and I...but not simple to the person getting the email.

They just want half off or better on something they "know" about.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Jerry - you are on to the weakness of the DOD. (Deal of the Day) Offer something low and make it such that the add on (or up sell) is not an option, but desired. Do it outside of the Groupon offer and keep more money. (It's coming.... stay tuned.) If you think about it, what does groupon offer, but volume. Once you build or align your own volume, you won't want them; cause you will keep their (25%) split. Just a thought! Reach out to learn more...

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
No doubt,
I would never do a deal with them for Cleaning. I would go flip burgers before I pimped myself out like that.
Just thought the protector deal might sound a little different for those following the craze.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's all relative.

If you can take a deal and make something out of it. so be it.

You can't look at it by the numbers posted.

You have to look at the big picture. Can you turn those low costs jobs into something that will make money? Is it going to be worth the effort?

At the end of the campaign will you have made money, gained customers, jumpstarted your business etc?

Or will you have done each job for the sticker price and lost your arse?

True....doing the deal for the deal isn't worth the deal

But thinking of it as an advertising cost where you are ACTUALLY buying each customer is no different than paying $500.00 for a YP ad that generates $500.00....or maybe a little more to cover you costs.

This is an awesome concept....although I will admit that they are now big enough to take a little bit more advantage of the little guy....not sure how far is far enough to call it quits.

But for now....it's still doable.....just don't sign anything that you can't handle mentally, physically or financially.

Again, business is a risk...if you don't take risks...you don't have a business.

Safe and secure gets you into the same grave at the same rate as risky and Hmmmm.....what's the opposite of secure? :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom