How come I get all the pissy rugs to clean?

I have raised my price on rug cleaning to 2-3 dollars a foot which is not high for most of you guys but the average in my neck of the woods is .50 cents to a dollar a foot. We also have the lay it in the driveway and I'll hit it for 25 dollar hacks. Almost every potential customer shopping me for a standard clean for just a dirty rug goes with a cheaper company, but the ones with pissy rugs pay me whatever I want really as long as the rug is saved. I feel like people will not pay me 250 to clean a rug unless it is a litterbox or full of dog urine.

Where do I drip dry them after flushing them real good? It's called a water-claw, truck-mount, and several blowers blowing under or floating the rug and blowing on top of the rug. Most rugs dry in a couple hours while some take around 12 hours. I will be where you are at one day. I am just not there yet. I guarantee complete pet odor removal and have never had a rug I could not get clean and fresh. I will admit I have had to reclean a couple before taking it back to a customer. Thats just becasue I got in a rush and now when I think I have flushed enough I alway flush a little more.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
12 hours to dry :shock:

You do know that a good majority of dye migration is due to slow dry times.

Calm down Steven. Most rugs are dry in a couple hours. Only the real heavy and forget about moving them when they are soaking wet rugs take half a day to dry with fans. That's pretty good. Some guys can't even get that with plain residential carpet cleaning.

Supersucker

The cheaper rugs get to be not worth saving so they get thrown out.

I remember one of the first really bad ones I took in, it was a 12x20 nylon carpet with a double border. It was full of piss and there was severe damage to the hardwood underneath. I put it over a makeshift rack and sprayed it with a water hose for 4 hrs, then left it out in the rain all weekend. After that it only took about two gallons of chems.

That was a good lesson in how to charge for rugs.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I just looked at a pee rug 8 x10, she payed 4k for it. I have no where to hang it so I went to a guy that does it here but he charges 3- 4$ sf. She about flipped when when I told her.

I may have to take it clean it in the driveway put the blowers on it get my chair, ice chest of beer and watch the rug dry. Can't leave it I have a few kids that are always up to no good and will not move from moms free rent.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Here is How..."You HACK-IT OUT".... :roll:

This was a friends RUG...PURE YORKIE PISS.... :oops:

Clients rugs come back to the SHOP.. :!: :!: But this worked.. :wink:

HARPERPIC093.jpg

HARPERPIC094.jpg

HARPERPIC091.jpg

Ron K

Charge 3 for regular cleaning 4 for bad urine. Tell them it's alot of time and work. If price is the only consideration surface clean it but make sure they understand it will not get the smell out. Why do you think the other guy charges that much? Get a Blacklight..... it makes the customer cringe and the pet's run and hide.
Piss is Money I know it stiinks but that's what it is, don't you know that. How much work would any of us have if it weren't for the golden stream or spray. :) :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom