How do I get more commercial work?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Last Friday we cleaned a Title Company and made $620 in about 1.5 hours. I do a little commercial work, mainly businesses that are owned by my custys. The Vortex dual wand made fast work of that building. I really haven't wanted to do much night work but I think its time to do more.

How do I get more commercial work?

danpauselius

Create a specific marketing campaign. You can't expect most commercial accounts to react to your standard residential marketing efforts. Face to face works but is time consuming. We're about to start using targeted sales letters.

G

Face to face is always best. People are busy and throw out letters. Consistant marketing will build relationships and will give you much more work long term.

Ask your existing customers, they all work somewhere.

Dave

Name
Lee Stockwell
Adam you have the "secret weapon" and NO, it isn't your machine, it's YOU. I saw your fine family pix and truly believe that if you dress up, bring a few pictures of your work, and go knocking on doors in PERSON you will strike pay dirt within an hour. Few of your competitors likely will be able to match your "in person" advantage.

my 2 cents,
Lee

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Lee said it best,just go meet and greet...

I still fail to understand how you have a tm that is made for commercial,and you go more for residential...

I mean dude,you been in business it says 10 years,you buy a Vortex ,then you need to ask how to get commercial ?

I get it about everyday,you can spend more money on flyers and brochures ,etc...

Or you can grab a card,talk to them about concerns you have seen that you can rectify...

Tell them you can easily do it in less time-2 or more wands...

Create a few more usp,and your set...

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Adam,

Listen to Dave, Caesar and Lee re: their "face to face, belly to belly" marketing. If you are serious about commercial in the start up phase it needs to be you. Once you are rolling Dave's comment about a structured marketing campaign makes sense too.

Let me just add one thing that might make your time investment (always your most valuable resource) more palatable. What if when you signed up this Title company you had offered them the option of a regular monthly service at a 50% savings or an eight week cleaning schedule at a 40% discount? If they go for the monthly service (actually you put them on an every four week service) then instead of you having sold a 620.00 account you have now closed a 4,000.00 yearly account! (310.00 x 13 cleanings per year is 4,030.00.)

My guess is you will get a little faster on this job with practice plus as you build your commercial it becomes part of a regular "route" so your travel time is reduced. So let's say you get the job down to 1:15 at 310.00 per service which means you are averaging 250.00 per hour. I don't know about you Adam, but I could live with that for a regular source of guaranteed cash flow. And you won't be leaving the house for just one job.

PLUS when you have built "critical mass" on commercial you will hire a separate night and weekend crew and get yourself off the truck at night. (I always HATED night work.)

And the cherry on top is when and if you decide to cash out of your business contract commercial work adds huge value to your selling price. My sale prospects drooled when they saw my business numbers AND the signed long-term contracts that supported those numbers. We literally had three different individuals bidding on my company. I chose the one who could pay cash up front and have never regretted it.

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS I am starting another Special Report on how to get and keep regular contract commercial work. I've got a lot going on in the next couple of weeks so it may not be ready for awhile. But if anyone would like a copy e-mailed to them when it is done just e-mail me at stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com and I'll put you on the list. (I may not even reply initially due to work pressure but you WILL get a copy ... eventually.)

NOTE: For all of the above to work you MUST have a signed contract and get the key. It will all be in the Special Report.

Greenie

Good advice above as usual.

I would think if a guy had been in business 30 years and successful he wouldn't still be cleaning Chinese restaurants and washing windows.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
You all are right!

I do zero advertising. I do high end residential homes. I make great money. I am booked 2 weeks out or more. That is why I have a Vortex. I can do more work and be home earlier. However.....

You are right I have a great commercial machine ( and a good slide in in a small box truck) and they are just sitting there at night when I could have Employees making me money. What a waste huh! I have focused on res. and have never walked into a place to try to sell myself and our services. After reading Steve's post I can really see why I need more commercial work. If I was to sell my business it would be all Blue Sky. Not worth as much as a company that could prove work is there and coming in. I guess next week I better put on a tie and hit the streets.

You all have been a great help. Thank you

Adam

G

Caeser,

I don't think that was nice of you for jumping on Adam like you did. Just because he is asking how to get commercial work doesn't mean anything negative about him. Some people are stronger at some things than others.

Adam,

Give me a call anytime you want to talk. I would be happy to help out.

Dave

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
But sometimes you need some blunt observations to get you on track without sugar coating it.

Greenie

Or you can just get three free banes, and three free mini vans, and three free techs and do $400K a year in tile work at 160 psi.

Be careful who you take advice from.

G

Adam,

I forgot to give you my phone number (708) 670-4043.

Jimmy,

He doesn't need criticism just an opinion on something he hasn't done yet.

Dave

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I never took anything said in any bad way. I really appreciate all that was written.
Caeser e-mailed me some great ideas and I think if I implement what he suggested I will do fine.

Thanks to all of you.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Be careful who you take advice from.[/quote]

You got that right!

GRHeacock

My main thrust was residential.

Everybody with a house works somewhere, I asked the residential customer about doing their commercial work, and got plenty.

The rest came from face to face direct solicitation at the type of business I wanted.

Doctors, lawyers, architects, and other professional office types rather than greasy restaurants or tire stores or garbage collection offices.

I went for places that need to have a good impression to their customers, and put my offer on a regular appearance maintenance schedule rather than a one time salvage cleaning.

Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom