how do i price out Janitorial services

Spurling

Any of you janitorial companies out there .. how do you go about charging for services .. is there a blue book or some kind of pricing guide .. and I thought about offering apt cleaning with apt carpet cleaning as a package.. what would be the profit percentage .. thanks

RandyHilburn

Paul,

First you must know that 'housekeeping' has pretty low profit margins to start with. Housekeeping is viewed at a low skill occupation and everybody wants a Hispanic maid that will work all day for $50 bucks - that's the background info.

We do housekeeping for about 17 apartment management companies. We also do carpet cleaning, repairs, etc. for those companies. For years we tried to stay away from apartment carpet, but as our housekeeping begain to be such a large part of our business, I finally gave-in to the dark side.

The best way to find-out is to just ask several Property Managers or their leasing agents. They will usually be glad to tell youtheir rates. Within just a few dollars, all our properties pay about the same price.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I do quite a bit of it, I sell it more as personal security then jantorial service

bid it by the hour and don't include supplies and package all services like windows, carpet cleaning, VCT, etc

I am usually to high but get work because the person is tired of poor service and people can't seem to figure out how to lock a door or set an alarm

Spurling

Randy .. what percentage would you say is profit .. I was thinking of starting a side business cleaning apt with carpet .. also I clean carpet for 2 bldgs totalling 55k sf of carpet .. I thought about offering janitorial services .. thanks

Spurling

Hey Steve .. what do you bill per hr? .. who buys the supplies .. do you pay the cleaner mileage for more than one location .. is there a book for dummies on stuff like this ..thanks

RandyHilburn

Labor cost range between 50 & 60 percent inside the apartment. Then you have travel cost/time between cleaning jobs to consider.

We use a team cleaning concept with four people per team. The teams travel in a van (more cost) from job to job. Volume and a tightly run schedule is the only way to make money. You might consider using contract cleaners, but that presents a different set of problems.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
PM me your email address and ill send ya all kinds of stuff on bidding this kind of work

The average net you will hear on janitorial is 7% but thats alot of bull. We average 53% on commercial and the ladies that take care of residential for us give us back 25% plus 10% of tips and bonus money.

RandyHilburn

Larry,

If you have a 53% Housekeeping bottom line with residential employees giving you back 25% and 10% of their tips I'd like to hear how you do it too!

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Randy

53% is on commercial. When I first got started a guy sent me some pricing lists that large companies use to bid contracts. I use this set of list as a starting point and most of the time add around 60% to the chart pricing. We do so much commercial that anymore I can just walk into a building and have a rough idea on how long the crew will take to clean and go from their.

The residential cleaning the only thing we do is bid the work. The ladies that do our residential stuff all work on their own but didnt have the money to get their names out so they were leaching off us. It paid out better for us to give up all of our residential cleaning to them and just make the 25% off each house. The ladies do awsome work but do not advertise on their own so we do it and take all the calls and do all the bidding. When we set them up with a new customer they pay us the 25%. M - F they stop by at the end of the day and drop off the money and have never had a problem collecting not even 1 time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom