How do I stop unsolicited sales calls on my cell phone

I am getting sick and tired of people calling me from internet marketing companies, financial services firms, and credit processing companies. What can I do?

J

jimmy

Re: How do I stop solicited sales calls on my cell phone

dial (888)382-1222 and do what it says to do and that will put you on the do not call list I just did it today hope that helped jimmy

DannyD

Re: How do I stop solicited sales calls on my cell phone

it'll take 30 days to go in effect, but it does help quite a bit. They won't totally stop but it'll be cut down a helluva lot.

BRSUMMERVILLE

Danielc,

Here's a suggestion. Answer only calls in certain area codes. Unless you recognized the number. Calls on cell phone will have the area code.

In my case, I have call forwarding from my office phone to my cell phone. After two rings, it stopped. It seems that they will hang up at the second or third cell phone ring.

Bob Rock

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have an app on my droid phone called extreme call blocker. it will not ring my phone if anyone calls from a private, unavailable, or anonymous, call, it will not ring if the phone number starts with 1800 1866, 1888, 1877, or any toll free number up to a maximum of 4. it will let me black list any number that does make it through, it will also let me set to play several annoying things if I want to, like cars honking or a very loud ear piercing whistle noise among others. it is the friggen shiz nizzle. I was getting 7-8 sales calls a day, now I get maybe 1 or 2, and when one does make it through I can just blacklist it and never get called again from that number. to me that alone is worth the price of the phone.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
steve g said:
I have an app on my droid phone called extreme call blocker. it will not ring my phone if anyone calls from a private, unavailable, or anonymous, call, it will not ring if the phone number starts with 1800 1866, 1888, 1877, or any toll free number up to a maximum of 4. it will let me black list any number that does make it through, it will also let me set to play several annoying things if I want to, like cars honking or a very loud ear piercing whistle noise among others. it is the friggen shiz nizzle. I was getting 7-8 sales calls a day, now I get maybe 1 or 2, and when one does make it through I can just blacklist it and never get called again from that number. to me that alone is worth the price of the phone.

There is a variety of apps that do that same thing for the blackberry if that's the phone you use.

The problem with just not answering calls that are from a different area code are 1. I have a lot of customers that live out of town and have either rental properties or vacation properties here. 2. A lot of people these days only use cell phones and keep their number permanently no matter where they live, this is a military town and a high percent of the military folks that call me call from cells with different area codes.

Chads

Supportive Member
Take phone throw it on the ground and stomp on it problem solved. :mrgreen:

Mike Draper

i just tell them i'm gonna track them down and murder them and their families, then i tell them my name is mikey P. :p

Chris A

Name
Chris
you'll end up losing some sales from unavailable or restricted numbers. Some 800 numbers can also be customers calling you from work.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If your cell phone is your business number the do not call rules do not apply.

People or businesses can call any business they want

That is part of ther reason you get slammed with so many calls.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Chris Adkins said:
you'll end up losing some sales from unavailable or restricted numbers. Some 800 numbers can also be customers calling you from work.

in those cases they can just leave a message and you can call them back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom