how do you clean bonnet pads?

Name
Evets
I just post padded a Church job and the pads are still gray after washing them twice in the washing machine. They had some really greasy areas outside the kitchen entrance,so I think that's where most of the it came from.
Post padding really made a huge difference.
Already booked one residential job from the Church Finance Officer because of the results.

I noticed as I was leaving a sign right across the street from the Church that read,
Carpet Cleaning
$39 Special

I wonder why the Church didn't use them? I think maybe their low ball pricing cost them a 8000 sqft job, right across the street.

They probably will never be bright white like they were even if you use bleach. You could try soaking them overnight in percarbonate. I personally have been soaking mine in a drum of detergent water for several hours and then hosing them off. The washing machine tore the green stripes on my bonnets. If I am usning a regular fluffy bonnet for wood floors etc. then I will let them soak in water with a little stripper solution and then rinse them good and let them dry. Because you were buffing grease from a restaurant, you could use powerburst or similar mixed lightly and allow the bonnets to soak in that to break down the grease.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I always come home and throw them in the slop sink in the laundry room and fill it with hot water. Let them sit overnight and the water is black. I then drain it and throw them in the washing machine.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I take mine down to the river and beat them on a rock. Then I throw them in the washer with some oxy clean and hot water.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
walk in and toss them on top of the washing machine and a day or so later they always end up on my desk...clean and bright white..........

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
KevinL said:
I take mine down to the river and beat them on a rock. Then I throw them in the washer with some oxy clean and hot water.

I thought I saw you down there by the river during Erin Feis, and here I thought you were relieving yourself. Sure had me convinced otherwise. :mrgreen:

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
hot water wash, detergent and bleach...will never be pure white...but will look acceptable. If you need, soak in bleach water. But you don't want to let them sit very long after a nasty job like you had....we washed ours nightly after cleaning all day...no problems.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
What Jimmy said.

For the green striped ones rinse em off it a mop bucket at the job and keep using them. then that soaking in hot water overnight dealy

The Preacher

what are they made of??? cotton bonnets should only be bleached every few washings or they'll die an early death. the synthetic ones can be bleached or use oxy clean on em every other wash.

susansmith

I get my bonnet pads from Argo & Co. in Spartanburg, Sc. They advised that one of their customers told them to wash pads as normal and put a litte Cascade in the water and they come out better looking and fluffy. Give it a try.

duckster

The answer is in the question:

If you had a carpet cleaning job involving heavy traffic areas, what chemicals and processes would you use? Short of bleach of course. How would you break the bonds of ground in dirt? Remember, you have transferred what made a dirty carpet into your pad by grinding away at the fibers to be cleaned.

Have you tried drying them outside on a clothesline? The sun always brightens cotton. Have you tried using a pressure washer to loosen the hold dirt particles have on the bonnet?

Me, I let them soak in a solution of hot water and traffic lane cleaner. I then rinse, wring, rinse, wring until the water coming out is clean. That rinse water has carpet rinse in it. If I still have a problem I prespray with TLC and break out the pressure washer followed by rinse-wring-rinse-wring. Either way, I dry on the clothesline that I rigged up in the backyard. They smell fresh and are like new except for the wear and tear that you get with normal use.

duckster

Jim Martin said:
walk in and toss them on top of the washing machine and a day or so later they always end up on my desk...clean and bright white..........

Aren't elves great? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom