How do you decide its time to step up from just wanding?

Mikey P

Administrator
Each and every job, each and every area may or may not need more than "just" Vac, pres pray and wand rinse, right?

What clues do you count on to decide if some scrubbing from a shoe, Grandi Groomer,CRB, 175 or even a Cimex is in order?

How bad does the situation have to be to whip out your rotary extractor?

If a new client, do you rely on the customer's recollection past cleaning methods and frequency?

If a repeat do you have a schedule, scrub this visit, just wand the next?

Do always try the wand first to see if you got lucky then resort to scrubbing or RE'ing if needed?

Or..

do you just always scrub or always use a RE and not play guessing games.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do always try the wand first to see if you got lucky then resort to scrubbing or RE'ing if needed?
This is what my tech's do unless its obvious that a scrub wand wouldn't be sufficient.

If I were on the truck I'd hit all traffic areas with an RE. It just flushes so much better even if you can't visually see a difference you know its cleaner.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Scrub or RE everything. Don't want to have to redo if I guess wrong.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
edu8y2ej.jpg

You'll Never get that kinda shine just wanding!

Eta: Lurned it here : )

Name
BradFenstermaker
RE is full of Yorkie puddles. Nuttin like a good sniff of blower exhaust to sea if its flushing good.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Rotovac comes in almost every residential job. Results are far superior than wand cleaning. I still use my wand on most Berber/ low pile carpet.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Anymore, can just look at it as know what it needs. Always trying to improve what we do and stand out to the customer. Had an empty house today. Quite a bit of filtration. Cleaned the filtration edge with a wand. Could have easily wanded the rest but got out the zipper.

Have a private road in Kelso, WA. Have cleaned 4 of the 9 houses on the road so far. All because of the zipper, vortex and fast drying carpet. Stand out from the crowd. Some care some don't

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Using a disc machine before wanding give you much the same as RJE?

Grant

Last edited:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
What wand are you using?

14" WestPak with 4 jets, 2" tube, and hybrid GreenGlide.

It's got 1.5 jets on it but might increase the flow for comparison.

I run a Cleanco 47 with high heat option and it gives me decent, consistent heat like this. Maybe it'll be fine to go up in jet size? I just really don't want to over wet the carpet.

I'm still cleaning plenty of apartments and the lower flow sometimes helps me by not needing to dry stroke.

The Clean Machine

Name
Marcus
Each and every job, each and every area may or may not need more than "just" Vac, pres pray and wand rinse, right?

What clues do you count on to decide if some scrubbing from a shoe, Grandi Groomer,CRB, 175 or even a Cimex is in order?

How bad does the situation have to be to whip out your rotary extractor?

If a new client, do you rely on the customer's recollection past cleaning methods and frequency?

If a repeat do you have a schedule, scrub this visit, just wand the next?

Or..

do you just always scrub or always use a RE and not play guessing games.
Get the zipper ...few dry strokes needed ....no more one arm wanding.... no rotary needed.
Cap

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom