How do you describe low moisture cleaning in your bids?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Going to bid on a somewhat large facility and would like to give them the choice of hwe or encap. I know most around here won't tell them anything about encap and just do it. They bid the job way below normal, client has no idea it's not steam cleaning.

I feel If I'm going to sell them encap they should, at least kinda know what it is.

Most times bidding on a large facility you never meet the "board"... Sooo, how in writing do I explain the bids half the price of ours is low moisture/encap?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jerry do you explain HWE?

We don't explain either method but we do list them separately with different rates in the bid. If they ask we simply explain it uses less moisture and results actully look better on commercial glue down carpet.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Jerry do you explain HWE?

Yes, in our commercial folder there is a page about/explaining hwe and cleaning, steps that should be used and so on.

We include this because, if two bids are the same price it's important they know we are doing more. If you are using air movers and he's not you would want them to know.

In general though, you think just leave it at "low moisture cleaning"... Don't bother trying to explain.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I correlate low moisture to going to the carwash and washing your car. You can spray your car with a ton of high pressure water and soap on the smooth surface of the vehicle. Yet, it doesn't really get clean until you use the foam brush. The difference is friction. With encap you get the benefit of friction to remove the soil. Encapping also has the benefit of reducing the chance of wicking or returning spots. Have you ever had the carpet cleaned at your facility and then see spots pop up after drying? Kind of makes you wonder why you even had it cleaned when you see results like that. Doesn't it? We can reduce or eliminate from that happening. Here let me do a demonstration for you. Show me your heaviest area that you are concerned about. Check out the fast drying. You can be back in operation in no time.( I also use a flip book, Often I can charge more for Encap than other charge for HWE and still get the bid by using these types of techniques.)

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you are explaining HWE then yes I'd explain low moisture to some degree. Mainly focusing on the benefits, not the science of how it does it.

Benefits: Fast drying, improved results on CGD, fairly quiet, some cleaning can be accomplished during operating hours if needed, less of a slip/fall hazard without hoses, reduces wickback on problematic spots.

I would not detail the type of machine but would supply a MSDS should you win the bid.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We try to sell total carpet care and we choose what works best for the situation. We often use HWE in the most impacted areas and low moisture the light to moderate soil.

Few really care method anyway, they just want it to look clean.

Reactions: Russ T.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We just call encap General Carpet Cleaning and steam cleaning.

Whenever i called it low moisture/encapsulation or whatever prospects would be skeptical. Now it is smoother and people rarely even ask questions.

harryhides

Name
Tony
We have several different tools in our toolbox and will utilize the most appropriate tools for your facility or for different parts of your facility depending on soil load, safety, age of carpet, distance from available parking, stairwells, water supply sources etc etc.

Reactions: Russ T.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The description depends on your goal.

Had you wished to promote steam cleaning you'd describe it as: A process that loads the carpet with a lot of shampoo (crap) residue that later will come back to bite them.

Had you only offered VLM you'd describe it as: State of the art, latest encapsulation technology that through unexplained process of miracle, removes dirt (don't ask!) and will dry within minutes.

:lol:

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Does anybody rely on just HWE for commercial anymore? Seem I hardly ever just use HEW for commercial glued down carpet. It seems too old-fashioned and impractical to just steam clean it. When it can be done more efficiently with better looking results.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We still steam clean almost 3/4 of a million $ a year Dave with superb results. We also offer and do LM cleaning and often post bonnet.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We still TM over 3/4 million $ in commercial carpet a year Dave as well as offer and perform LM cleaning and post bonneting.

Name
Andy McFadden
Nothing is more mentaly draining then trying to sell LM carpet cleaning. So just tell them the truth,

Option 1, We can do an exellent job of CLEANING the carpet for this price....

Option 2, We can do an exellent job of making the carpet LOOK clean for this price....

The choice is theirs, what else is there to say?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom