How do you handle different types of "hardwood" flooring?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Injectidry or Driforce and floor drying system.

Then I'd use a and E-TES to get some heat to speed it along!

IMG_2195_edited.jpg

IMG_2192_edited.jpg

IMG_6868.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Fred the top two are from a job a couple of years ago prior to us owning an E-TES. As you said pretty pictures, so I use them for marketing.

The third is typical of the setup we would use now.
Basically the same but with heat directed at the affected area.

REAL JOB:
The customer was fortunate the water didn't go very wide, most ran towards the camera.

We did have to pull the toe kick to get air into the box.

IMG_6867.jpg

As far as dry all wood floors the same?

Well we would probably use the panels and heat, but every job is different. We have a bunch of different systems, we are going to generally use what's going to dry the fastest.

Here is an older setup, but we could do it this way if needed, but we prefer the panels.

AirWolf_edited.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea we can't save everything, even though we wish we could.

When we feel like we can dry it, and there is some questioning if we can, we may offer to an attempt to with a little risk to the insurance company.

If it makes no significant progress in a day or two, we don't charge them any equipment rental, just our labor time.

Some more old wood drying:

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Richard, (Is this pick on Richard thread?)

I noticed you have the 2000 feeding direct into the Airwolf.

A couple of things, with the volume of air space you had, was the 200 necessary? Secondly with the CFM ratings of the two machines being quite different, do you feel the benefit was worth it?

The reason I ask is because I've tried a couple of different ways and can't notice a different when I feed the 200 direct like that.

I love the top pics and can see why you use them in marketing. They literally tell it better than words ever could.

John

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Rough crowd, you're right John don't do that.

The air wolf pulls way too much cfm, even a regular airmover won't allow the dehumidifer to do it's job when it's pulling more cfm that the unit is designed to put out.

If you wanted to do it you need do it more passively and allow for makeup air.

Do as I say and not as my tech's do!

See I could have got away with that with less educated crowd.
Bastards! :p

:mrgreen:

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Thanks Richard... I've never done it sealed, only exiting right beside the intake so it can draw more, but I wonder at the benefits, if it really makes all taht much difference.

Thanks, Mate.

John

topnotchman

wow what happened to the bowling alley? How many many air movers in that one pic along the alley? Did you run out of Sahara's? I just noticed it went, sahara, sahara, Santanta, sarhara, so on and so on :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I can't really remember how many we had there, I think it was 40-60 not really sure.

It was a roof leak 4-5years ago.

We dropped 6-mil sheeting so they could still operate and did our think out of sight. :shock:
:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom