How do you handle the "Sorry I forgot to cancel" people..

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
I won't charge them for the first two cancelled appointment.

However I will professionally (in my mind) let them know that every hole in my schedule costs the company money and since is their second cancellation in a row I will have to charge a $30 deposit, towards their cleaning fee, to put them back on the schedule.

I have only had to do it once and the client understood and didn't cancel the third appointment. I would imagine some won't book, but then they don't cancel again anyway.

steve_64

Had one of these today. She insisted she could only have it done on Saturday which I don't normally work. I drive there 1 hour through heavy traffic (10 miles) and she's not home. I call, no answer. I text and she says all shocked "I thought it was for Aug 15, which is a Tuesday. I just want to tell her to go jump off her balcony bit because it's a building where I clean all the common area carpets and the concierge refers me to all the residents, I suck it up and rebook her for Aug 15. Just chalk it up to another "crazy lady day".
I would keep raising my price after each waste of my time.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Able 1

Name
Keith
We don't have many of these, and can fill the time in normally(with rentals).. I usually just laugh it off and leave, " call us when you're ready"!:angry:

There is one customer that disrespects our time his name is Pastor Jerry.. Last time he scheduled his church he was a no show(and we called ahead), I charged him $120 just to come down to the ghetto.. He hasn't paid yet, but he will, or better off I lose him!!

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
No thanks, she's moving to El Paso so no referral work to be had

and it was a huge house
That's the real answer. She was never interested in you she just needed a cleaning for the real-estate transaction.

I bet the cleaning was a condition of the sale.

Quality was not important it was all about price.

Reactions: Mikey P

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Might have one now. Waiting until 9am which is appointment time. Might wait until 915am. Their phone is disconnected and think they forgot to save parking... hope my others can go early if this is a No Show..

It as a beautiful Saturday and I have a lot of things to do so doesn't matter to me if I do this job today or not. I might keep their $30 deposit though.

Ron K

We don't Charge just make a note in QB's about them.
For those that do, I wouldn't call it a deposit though, I would call it a "Same Day Cancelation Fee" I think that's easier to justify on a not so
nice review. If it came to that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom