How do you LIGHT IT UP? - Box Trucks

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
The ONE thing I over-looked when buying a box truck... LIGHTING IT! My box has no dome light in the back, and a flash-light just doesn't cut it.
What are some 12v light sources that you all have used?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
AshleyMckendree said:
The ONE thing I over-looked when buying a box truck... LIGHTING IT! My box has no dome light in the back, and a flash-light just doesn't cut it.
What are some 12v light sources that you all have used?

I don't really use mine at night but if I did I would go to the local RV joint and get some 12 volt florescent lights

much better lighting...wire it to a switch and then wire it the ignition so that if you leave them on when you turn the truck off they will go off or put a light in the cab that indicates they are on....

clean one

I had some extra lights from my outside yard lights , so i just put 4 of them along one wall wired in a switch on my tm and had light if i needed it.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
2 sets of fog lights from A auto parts store. Mount one in each upper corner connected to a switch inside the door.

The fog lights cast a large soft beam of light and work good inside enclosed trailers and boxes

ascrubabove

I did on-site diesel repair for the big rigs, all hours of the night and day! Don't know who made it, but I had a 12v 18" double floresent light mounted in the back over my tool box. When I turn that thing on it was like daylight in the back of the van!!!!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
da31de91.jpg

These are stainless marine lights with 2 12v bulbs with a switch, or leave them on and wire into another switch. They draw about 7AMPs with both bulbs on.
They light up quite nicely.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
ascrubabove said:
I did on-site diesel repair for the big rigs, all hours of the night and day! Don't know who made it, but I had a 12v 18" double floresent light mounted in the back over my tool box. When I turn that thing on it was like daylight in the back of the van!!!!

Snap-On and MAC Tools both sell them

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom