How do you make your own red stain remover?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
stain magic is.....
50% mix of Protein stain remover...
50% mix of urine stain remover....

Red Relief......

1 scoop..coffee stain remover...
4 oz of protein stain remover...

F

FB7777

Simple answers are often wrong.

and fat guys can't see their schlong

neither one of us answered the question but I suspect we both derived similar enjoyment from our replies

S

sam miller

red relief 2 part kit one smells like rubbing alchohol.
the othe meta bisulfite.

I use to use meta bisulfite aka coffee stain remover $20 for 2lb jar and a shot of heavy duty soil lifter worked pretty good stink's badly I like red relief better.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Oxidizing dye removers are some form of stabilized Peroxide boosted with non sudsy Ammonia.

The reducers are boosted by an acid.

According to the manufacturer's and I believe them, there is more to it than just that and there are other chemicals involved that make the products more efficient and supposedly less risky.

Name
Lee Stockwell
There are many sources of red stains, no one product is effective on all of them because some are organic, others artificial or petroleum based. Red chalk, red felt, a few others require even more voodoo to remove.

The two kinds most often discussed are Reducers with acid catalysts, and Oxidizers, often with trace amounts of acid stabilizers, and combinations of alkaline catalysts.

Mixups are easy in both diagnosis of the stain and application of products.

It adds to confusion when several manufacturers put "A" and "B" parts of binary solutions in identical size, color, and shaped bottles. Inadvertently mixing some acid catalysts with some oxidizers will yield nuclear results to a carpet's color.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Lee Stockwell said:
There are many sources of red stains, no one product is effective on all of them because some are organic, others artificial or petroleum based. Red chalk, red felt, a few others require even more voodoo to remove.

The two kinds most often discussed are Reducers with acid catalysts, and Oxidizers, often with trace amounts of acid stabilizers, and combinations of alkaline catalysts.

It adds to confusion when several manufacturers put "A" and "B" parts of binary solutions in identical size, color, and shaped bottles. Inadvertently mixing some acid catalysts with some oxidizers will yield nuclear results to a carpet's color.

I know all that. I was just askin about red dye stains kool-aid ect...

Name
Lee Stockwell
Artificial dyes usually respond to reduction. Reducer noted earlier in this thread, and usually sped up with acetic acid (vinegar).

The better commercial product have several more than two ingredients.

abbsrealtor

Lee Stockwell said:

THIS. Mixups are way too frequent with me. That's why I prefer hiring qualified professionals.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Lee Stockwell said:
Simple answers are often wrong.

A well-formulated Red stain remover has a lot more than two key ingredients.

You can only charge a good price . . .

if you remove ALL of the stain.

Larry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
been using my mix for both stain magic and red relief for a very long time with no problems...
one of the big shots from interlink taught me those many moons ago.......

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I have a formula that is GuArEnEEEd...to remove them ALL.... !gotcha!

10-920.jpg

abbsrealtor

HARPER said:
I have a formula that is GuArEnEEEd...to remove them ALL.... !gotcha!

10-920.jpg

shiteatinggrin

Anyway, there is this one cleaner I know who uses this fantastic recipe to clean stains off my carpets. He refuses to share it with anyone though lol.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Jim Martin said:
been using my mix for both stain magic and red relief for a very long time with no problems...

Big shots answering like that is why they hired me.

As Lee said, the major 2 part reducing products are accelerated with acids, not alkaline. There are way more than 2 ingredients.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Scott W said:
[quote="Jim Martin":3ua0309f]been using my mix for both stain magic and red relief for a very long time with no problems...

As Lee said, the major 2 part reducing products are accelerated with acids, not alkaline. There are way more than 2 ingredients.[/quote:3ua0309f]

And this is why we love you Scott.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If you go to Sally's and start mixing stuff with peroxide.

Remember that bombs can also be made (intentionally or not) by home brewing chemicals.

On TV yesterday it showed that the terrorists found that a powerful bomb could be made with peroxide and Tang orange drink mix.

Who knew?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Scott W said:
[quote="Jim Martin":1pgo8u32]been using my mix for both stain magic and red relief for a very long time with no problems...

As Lee said, the major 2 part reducing products are accelerated with acids, not alkaline. There are way more than 2 ingredients.[/quote:1pgo8u32]

someone is off somewhere..ever since they told me about this I have never bought stain magic or red relief..I have only used these....and been working just fine....

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Scott W said:
[quote="Jim Martin":115uka9q]been using my mix for both stain magic and red relief for a very long time with no problems...

As Lee said, the major 2 part reducing products are accelerated with acids, not alkaline. There are way more than 2 ingredients.[/quote:115uka9q]

You mean beside water and alcohol?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Dave Yoakum said:
If you go to Sally's and start mixing stuff with peroxide.

Remember that bombs can also be made (intentionally or not) by home brewing chemicals.

On TV yesterday it showed that the terrorists found that a powerful bomb could be made with peroxide and Tang orange drink mix.

Who knew?
Where is Fred when you need him?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim Martin said:
someone is off somewhere..ever since they told me about this I have never bought stain magic or red relief..I have only used these....and been working just fine....
Jim;

Next time you place an order . . .

tell the rep I said to send you a free quart of DC Dye Stain Remover.

I do think you will see a big difference, on the tough red stains.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom