HOW DO YOU MEASURE

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
How do you measure the carpet in large commercial buildings?

With offices etc?

Name
Lee Stockwell
We've counted tiles, 8' fluorescent light tubes, or walked them off. If you can't walk off an area without making a spectacle of yourself doing so...don't.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
The only problem I use to have when I did it was I was always able to find the corner of a desk, or other low object to bump my shin, hip or gonads on while I'm walking and looking up counting the tiles. Doh!!!! :-)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ken
That's why they put you safely behind your desk!

The only problem I use to have when I did it was I was always able to find the corner of a desk, or other low object to bump my shin, hip or gonads on while I'm walking and looking up counting the tiles. Doh!!!!
OUCH!

Scott

Lasertape!

Not one of those crap knock-off sonic tapes with a laser pointer, a REAL lasertape.

Plus, it doubles as a stud detector.

Go into a room crowded with women office staff, point it at your own studly self, and hit the button. When it beeps they'll all look at you with questioning eyes. At that very moment you shrug your shoulders flip your chin up in the air and walk out as you say, "Stud Detector".

Scott

Dan Joner

Laser. Mine will measure distances up to 600 feet.

You know, Jimmy, I don't think you are being specific. What DO you want to know?

G

Walk in, ask how much they paid before and think if its worth your time.

Denny S

Laser mine goes to 650 ft and it is blue tooth so it talks to my pda and draws the room for me automatically for me
and calculates the sq ft

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Denny s said:
Laser mine goes to 650 ft and it is blue tooth so it talks to my pda and draws the room for me automatically for me
and calculates the sq ft

Well my laser syncs up with I-Tunes and plays my favorite beach boys hits.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i'd tell you, but it's a secret that only Supporting Members of the Encap forum can know.

for huge places i ask for a diagram to scale ; if not, then i count ceiling tiles; if not then i use my 35' tape.

whatever the method, i then measure outside carpeted wall to outside carpeted wall and deduct any VCT / ceramic areas.

thanx --- Derek :mrgreen:

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
For large commercial measures, the Disto laser measuring devices are great, but expensive. For residential the Fat Max (Stanley) Laser measuring device ($99.00 at northern tool) is very accurate at distances up to 100 ft and is a true laser not sonic with a laser pointer.
Both are fast, accurate and look extremely professional.

Craftsman has their 119.95 laser measuring device on sale for 99.99 also.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom