How do you package guys list the options?

Mikey P

Administrator
I think packages only work if all options lead to the best job possible.

Protector, base board cleaning, deo, furniture moving, etc should be the options and not pre vacuuming, pre spray, grooming etc. Otherwise the nosy neighbor who asks why the freshly cleaned still appears dirty wont be told that the the home owner picked the cheapest offer.

How do you break it down?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Good;
basic clean, traffic lns= home owner vacs before you get there. pre-spray, HWE , grOOm

Gooder;
Vac, limited furniture moving, (the "normal" stuff) pre-spray, HWE, grOOm

more godder;
all the above plus mechanical agitation and aqua velva spritz

Way more gooder/goodest
all above, plus protectant , a box of Andes Chocolate mints, and pat on the butt.

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Hey James, IMO I would lose what you say under "who is James Alen" Explain who you are not your family tree from where your name is from.

Keith

Name
I'm Rick James
Just make it simple. Charge one price for cleaning. Protector and deodorizer is extra. I have never been a fan of packages. Look at it from the customers point of view, they just want clean carpets. Some jobs you may move more furniture or scrub a little harder than others and some you dont but it all equals out in the the end.

Bill Gates once said make your business "simple".

:mrgreen:

MikeD00019

Customers get all those steps in that price. Sometimes they vacuum or move furniture but the price don't change. I have no "packages" or anything like that. I don't waste time selling.

MikeD00019

Brent said:
Just make it simple. Charge one price for cleaning. Protector and deodorizer is extra. I have never been a fan of packages. Look at it from the customers point of view, they just want clean carpets. Some jobs you may move more furniture or scrub a little harder than others and some you dont but it all equals out in the the end.

Bill Gates once said make your business "simple".

AMEN!

MikeD00019

Able 1 said:
Hey James, IMO I would lose what you say under "who is James Alen" Explain who you are not your family tree from where your name is from.

Keith

Reason for that is my name is MIKE. James Alan is my son. If you would have read it you wouldn't have called me James. People like to know your company name has meaning.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Protector and Deo but I'm dumb and most of extras are with extra rooms, furniture, ect. I've still to clean my house with protectant to see if it really works over time.

My list is on my site.
The text in your home page is one of the best I've seen. I'd hire you.

Albert

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Speaking of "simple", Mike, the new tactic for quite a few of our SFS members is to take the customer through either the phone format or the on-location pre-inspection script and then ...

Suck it up, look the customer in the eye and calmly give them just one price (your highest) as in ...

"So Mrs. Jones, the price for everything we have looked at and with all the steps I've gone over with you including re-applying the carpet's protective finish will be ..."

ASSUMING you have done your job during the phone call and/or pre-inspection it is amazing how many times the reply will be, "That sounds good. When can you schedule me in?"

Now of course if they think the price is too high then you slip into your "interested consultant" mode and start revealing your lower priced "packages". But it is always easier to sell down than to sell up. So at the start give the customer the option to spend more money with you without confusing the issue.

This strategy is working for a lot of people. Try it for a week. Or don't ...

Island Boy

PS I agree with the comments above on only having one quality of "clean". The extras that I will start taking off the work order to "meet the customer's projected budget" are protector, deodorizer, specialized spotting, furniture moving and additional rooms.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I just started doing some "packages"
there is clean
then there is clean with "speed dry"
then there is "Green Clean"..just using green labeled products.

Not sure if it's gonna work, we'll see.

I offer all the other stuff as add ons.

I just redid my invoices and I am not sure I am happy with them yet.

Name
I'm Rick James
Steve Toburen said:
Speaking of "simple", Mike, the new tactic for quite a few of our SFS members is to take the customer through either the phone format or the on-location pre-inspection script and then ...

Suck it up, look the customer in the eye and calmly give them just one price (your highest) as in ...

"So Mrs. Jones, the price for everything we have looked at and with all the steps I've gone over with you including re-applying the carpet's protective finish will be ..."

ASSUMING you have done your job during the phone call and/or pre-inspection it is amazing how many times the reply will be, "That sounds good. When can you schedule me in?"

Now of course if they think the price is too high then you slip into your "interested consultant" mode and start revealing your lower priced "packages". But it is always easier to sell down than to sell up. So at the start give the customer the option to spend more money with you without confusing the issue.

This strategy is working for a lot of people. Try it for a week. Or don't ...

Island Boy

PS I agree with the comments above on only having one quality of "clean". The extras that I will start taking off the work order to "meet the customer's projected budget" are protector, deodorizer, specialized spotting, furniture moving and additional rooms.

Steve,

I am a per room guy and do offer quotes over the phone. Protector is 50% of the job. Have you devloped a phone script for the approach you mentioned. If I advertise 2 rooms for $$$, how do I fit that into the quote without sounding like a bait and switch company?

Thanks

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Yes, Brent, I do have a SFS phone script that can be easily modified for over the phone quotes. I struggle with the whole personal messenger thing but if you will e-mail me at stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com I will send you the phone format.

Steve

PS Re: selling protector over the phone, Brent, I would just use my "fade away" technique. If the customer remotely starts to say "no" just smoothly break in and fade away by saying, "Well, why don't you wait and see how the carpets clean up before making a decision on the protector?" Also don't forget the magic words "reapply" and "renew". And yes, we have a script on how to sell the protector too is anyone wants it. Just put what you want in your e-mail so I know. Please do not write down "love and money". that is my line ... :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom