How do you padders get gum out?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I'm going to padcap a commercial building with numerous gum deposits. What products / techniques work best on gum? Cyclone, Helgel, wallpaper steamer?

Much obliged.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree Hel gel is more versatile and can be used for all grease and oil spots. We carry both in our VLM totes, so when we run across gum we don't spend much time with it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm sorry that you are a padder. If you try hard and save your money, you can become a real cleaner some day.

In the mean time, Vacaway products will be your best friend.

And Hel-Gel is awesome.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
gum getter AND a good scraper tool. [t/QUOTE]

A good scraper tool can be just as if not more important than a gum getter type tool, especialy when dealing with older gum.
I use a 1 inch putty knife after applying the chem to continually "score" the surface of the gum in an attemp to get the solvent to the fibers directly underneath the gum, so it can dissolve the gum not only the top, but most importantly, from beneath where it is attached to the fiber.

Reactions: Johnny

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I'm sorry that you are a padder. If you try hard and save your money, you can become a real cleaner some day.

In the mean time, Vacaway products will be your best friend.

And Hel-Gel is awesome.

I HWE 99.9999999% of my jobs. However, this particular job an ideal candidate for padcap. And it will be clean and look fantastic when I'm done.

Last edited:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Had a shoe shop to do recently with massive amounts of gum.

I used Hel Gel, worked great.

Hard part I thought was going to be getting up and down all the time.

Luckily I had a brain fart & brought along a bit of kit that no-one wanted to buy after I stopped doing T & G.

Enter the Rac-A-Tac, I simply positioned myself on this & wheeled myself all around the store attacking the gum spots.

When finished simply run Big Yella over the carpet, cleaned up a treat.

Management was happy and also gave me another store to do in town.

:yoda:

Name
Damon
Hel Gel + Scraper = Win

I agree that the sample pack is a great deal - unless you HWE 99.9999% as you claim. If that's the case you're better off ordering a couple of gallons of Hot Knife Extreme and one gallon of Peroxcellent.

Great products with exceptional dilution. The quantity will probably be enough for the duration of your .1% VLM cleaning career.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom