How do you reduce trip and fall hazards on your worksite?

Bob Foster

Tell us how you prepare surfaces, notify staff, visually and audibly warn people about hoses and slippery surfaces.

What extra precautions do you use around high traffic areas like public sidewalks or very busy corridors.

When you're gone and the floor is still wet what do you leave behind to continue your warnings?

Have you ever had anyone threaten legal action against you because of a fall?

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: How do reduce trip and fall hazards for customers?

I say "Please don't trip on these hoses or slip on this wet floor, thanks."

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
We put caution signs over hoses in hallways and orange cones on sidewalks.

If we are doing VCT work nobody is allowed to walk on the floor while we are working.

When we leave a building still in use notes are left on the doors at any point a person would enter.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Had a lady jump across and area I was cleaning...onto her kitchen floor. Feet went up into the air (feet were wet), slammed into the vhs video rack (it was a while ago) and it all came down on her.

Funniest damn thing I ever saw. good thing she laughed as well.

I will never forget that.

Name
I'm Rick James
Caution cones, wet floor A frame sign, walk off signs on all hard surfaces. If your not safe its the best way to lose millions in a lawsuit. Safty first for me EVERYTIME.

Oh and Use air movers.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
A Willy story----Years ago, we were installing sheet vinyl in a house were english wasn't the spoken langauge. The lady of the house walked into the area we had just finished glueing and was waiting for it to go off a bit. Both feet up in th air, down in a heap right in the glue. Sorta like your story Brian, but REALLY messy. And, yes, we yukked it up pretty good.

Rex Tyus

Re: How do reduce trip and fall hazards for customers?

Joey Johnston said:
I say "Please don't trip on these hoses or slip on this wet floor, thanks."

Ditto! People in the south are expected to know wet floors are slippery. They see a big ass truck with hoses running out of it with the words "CARPET CLEANING" on the side and they think "oh they must be cleaning the floors". :shock:

Never a problem unless it is some idiot that moved here from up north. :evil:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom