How do you say thank you?

Mikey P

Administrator
Stole this...

A couple years ago my wife took over the thank you cards I send to my customers. She said my handwriting looks like ancient Sanskrit. Eventually, she started jazzing up the envelopes with these little artistic flourishes. I can't believe the effect it's had. I get constant texts and emails from customers thanking ME for their thank you cards. It's very meta. But more important, it makes me feel proud of my business and it fosters real relationships with customers. Most of them would never dream of calling anybody else.

Screenshot_20200625-054121.png

I'm encouraging my daughter to start doing the same, with what those they are charging in Santa Cruz this would be the cherry on the cake

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Stole this...

A couple years ago my wife took over the thank you cards I send to my customers. She said my handwriting looks like ancient Sanskrit. Eventually, she started jazzing up the envelopes with these little artistic flourishes. I can't believe the effect it's had. I get constant texts and emails from customers thanking ME for their thank you cards. It's very meta. But more important, it makes me feel proud of my business and it fosters real relationships with customers. Most of them would never dream of calling anybody else.

View attachment 100440

I'm encouraging my daughter to start doing the same, with what those they are charging in Santa Cruz this would be the cherry on the cake

I think too many people will overlook this one.

To paraphrase Lincoln: "This is just the sort of thing that people who like this sort of thing will like"

Translate: It doesn't matter if the middle aged (and a bit older than middle aged) grumps that make up most of our industry laugh at it.....Your female customers (which are most of them) will love it.

Just do it.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I do it. I have a program where I just click on a tab at the end of my invoicing and they automatically get a thank you card sent. It works great. The same program automatically puts the customer in a sequence to get referral request and reminder cards from me 7 times a year. I use SendJim for that.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Mikey P

Administrator
I do it. I have a program where I just click on a tab at the end of my invoicing and they automatically get a thank you card sent. It works great. The same program automatically puts the customer in a sequence to get referral request and reminder cards from me 7 times a year. I use SendJim for that.

We use the service monster thank you cards for too many years when they keep getting the same card over and over that loses the personal touch..
Damon I think you should have your kids take Polaroid photos of you and all your hobbies and exciting life and write a personal note on the back and send them off to the customers

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
We use the service monster thank you cards for too many years when they keep getting the same card over and over that loses the personal touch..
Damon I think you should have your kids take Polaroid photos of you and all your hobbies and exciting life and write a personal note on the back and send them off to the customers
Maybe one of me catching my seat on fire?

Edit: I don't think my life is exciting at all. With the Kids, work, and life in general, Just keeping my head above water is good with me. I did throw in the towel on building my airplane. Just wasn't realistic. Takes up too much room, and then I would have to pay to hangar it. Plus the time involved, I just don't have it. :(

We change out cards often. Very easy to upload custom stuff. The only one that hasn't changed is the reminder card. I like that one. It probably should though. I now have customers mad at me if I forget to put them in the sequence for reminder cards. They really work. It doesn't matter if you use SendJim or ServiceMonster, or fiddlebug. Everyone should be doing this.
1593097965033.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Maybe one of me catching my seat on fire?

Edit: I don't think my life is exciting at all. With the Kids, work, and life in general, Just keeping my head above water is good with me. I did throw in the towel on building my airplane. Just wasn't realistic. Takes up too much room, and then I would have to pay to hangar it. Plus the time involved, I just don't have it. :(

Remember those unexpected break downs and "it could only happen to Damon" experiences you've shared over the years?

You don't want any of that when you are a few thousand feet up.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Remember those unexpected break downs and "it could only happen to Damon" experiences you've shared over the years?

You don't want any of that when you are a few thousand feet up.
Been there Jim. I grew up with planes. Put myself through Helicopter school. When I was young my Dad and I were flying a Cessna 320 into the Vacaville Nut Tree airport. Got hit with a bit of wind sheer and lost all lift. The plane hit the runway hard and busted the front landing gear. The plane then bounced up about 50 feet. The right wing tilted downward. I thought it was going to hit the ground and we were going to cartwheel across the field. My dad ended up regaining stable flight and set it down, but with the shock blown out on the front landing gear, it was rough. That was a scary day.

Another time I was flying a helicopter over the Benicia bridge. I noticed I was starting to lose manifold pressure on the gauges. I immediately turned back to the airport. As I tried to radio my intentions into the Concord Airport tower the radio PTT button popped out of the cyclic. Because it takes both hands to fly a Schewitzer 300CB I didn't have the option to take my hand off the collective to try and fix it.

In those situations, you fly over the tower at 1,000 feet above the published traffic pattern. This tells them you have a radio failure or some malfunction. Upon doing this the tower confirmed I could hear them by having me rock my tail rotor pedals and then gave me clearance to land.

After the mechanics looked everything over, it turned out to be a faulty Manifold pressure gauge, so I was okay. But the radio malfunction sucked.

So there you have it Jim. Those are my air stories. Now I have kids and a wife and all I have is minivan stories.

Last edited:
Name
Lee Stockwell
The key point of the OP was personalizing your Thank you's. I may pay my granddaughters to try this.

Likewise Damon's life experiences and family would be very valuable resources for him to do something similar in his market.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom