how do you use oxyblaster?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
do you use it on tile?

do you use it as a booster for stripper? if so how much?

have you ever used it on carpet? or as a booster for your prespray on carpet?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Yes.
No.
Yes.

I am on my last jug. I am not going to spend 60 bucks for a 6lb jar. Use Powermax from Cobb.

Golden Boy

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i use cobbs powermax as well, but i thought oxyblaster is different and have heard of guys boosting stripper for tile and grout. and i bought mine for 48 dollars. just wanteds to try it out

tim

I use Oxyblast as a boost for Viper Venom or Klenzall for tile and grout and a oxy boost for nasties, works well and goes a looooong way, can get on ebay cheaper.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Maybe its just me........Aside from a rat nasty trashed out place.If you have to keep boosting your chemicals, your using the wrong stuff........and for the price of OB as a booster, you might as well clean the place for free...........

tim

I boost ANYTIME I think it MAY need it. My time is worth more than the measley cost of the boosters. Rather than be disappointed with the results or have to redo an area, I boost with whatever I thnk I need, whether my prespray is judsons, powerburst, ultrapac, extreme clean, clean streak...I have used them all. I just know what always work and I go ahead and get proactive with the boost so I can move on to the next job. I could probably save some money and give more dwell time and more aggitation but why? More chems means less dwell time, less aggitation, go high flow and heat and move on!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
tim said:
I boost ANYTIME I think it MAY need it. My time is worth more than the measley cost of the boosters. Rather than be disappointed with the results or have to redo an area, I boost with whatever I thnk I need, whether my prespray is judsons, powerburst, ultrapac, extreme clean, clean streak...I have used them all. I just know what always work and I go ahead and get proactive with the boost so I can move on to the next job. I could probably save some money and give more dwell time and more aggitation but why? More chems means less dwell time, less aggitation, go high flow and heat and move on!

so in the long run you realllly think you are making more money by saving a few seconds on your time and adding extra chemicals...... buying high dollar boosters..........and putting down more juice .or did I read this wrong....??

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Lyman said:
Tile-2 oz of oxy blaster, 2 cups purple power per gallon of hot water

just wondering......... how much do you think that mix cost you per gallon

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
jim if i boost a full hf with a 2oz or 4 oz of oxyblaster that would just mean that it would cost me a bout 2 dollars per hf. i dont think that is too bad, do you?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
dealtimeman said:
jim if i boost a full hf with a 2oz or 4 oz of oxyblaster that would just mean that it would cost me a bout 2 dollars per hf. i dont think that is too bad, do you?

no thats not to bad........I just don't boost my stuff...(don't need to) so I was wondering.........

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i have never really boosted any of my chems before but there is alot of talk about this oxyblaster so i thought i would by a pale and see how it did and make my own judgement on if it worked or not. also to see how well it worked and see if it the results outwiegh the cost of the extra product. the reason for doing it is i ahve used about five diff chems on tile and each time i havent liked the results. the homeowner is amazed to see their tile so clean but i dont like how the grout turns out. i have even used the viper stuff and other acids my suppliers down here have sold me and not very happy with results as of yet.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
try red max stripper at lowes......as a stripper I would of taken it back....but as a cleaner it is the best stuff I have ever used....5 gallon pail for about $25 bucks and after you mix it it only cost you just over a buck for a 2 gallon mix.....no boosting....no dwelling..and so far no matter how bad the tile is it has cut threw everything....it won't eat the paint of base boards or hurt the cabinets....very cost effective and goes a long long way...................If the floor is colored sealed then you do not want to use this stuff...For that I do use the OB but those are very far and few between...

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Shawn,

Jump in here & correct me if I am wrong....................

As I read most the MSDS sheets of powdered boosters....
They are almost all 95 to 100% sodium percarbonate.
For example: BP boost-all 100% SP.......
I buy a 40lb pail of 100% Sodium Percarbonate for $94.00 to my door !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Compaired to 2lbs of Boost-All @ about $25.00 to my door.........

The SP simply increases the alakinality of the product it is mixed with....
OXYCLEEN is just laundry detergent with SP added......
SP is the powered form of Hydrogen Peroxide.......(non-chlorine bleach).

We use it on berbers,urine stains,wine,red stains, & to boost all tile cleaners.....
It is SAFE..Great shelve life..much more economical than MORE PRE-SPRAY.....
Plus leaves little to no residue.......

It might even be considered GREEN....because it simply evaporates....

Ps We used the SP today to remove a MERLOT stain from a white grout ....
Stone Tech (cleanz-all) would not budge it. Mixed up a paste...applied for 10 min...
rinsed & GONE!!!!!!!!!

Chris A

Name
Chris
dealtimeman said:
i have never really boosted any of my chems before but there is alot of talk about this oxyblaster so i thought i would by a pale and see how it did and make my own judgement on if it worked or not. also to see how well it worked and see if it the results outwiegh the cost of the extra product. the reason for doing it is i ahve used about five diff chems on tile and each time i havent liked the results. the homeowner is amazed to see their tile so clean but i dont like how the grout turns out. i have even used the viper stuff and other acids my suppliers down here have sold me and not very happy with results as of yet.

Oxyblaster is a hell of an expensive booster, why not just try a sodium percarbonate type instead. That should provide you with more than enough boost when you need to juice up.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
THE CHEMICAL STORE located in Columbia ,South Carolina.

You can GOOGLE SP and it should lead you to the site....
Sorry, I am at home on laptop...url is at office......

NOTE: To buy more than 5lbs at a time,(I think).....
You have to fill a Hazordious shipping form.....
They will e-mail you a form...then you fax it back w/ your JOHN HENRY. 1 time form..
"ALL PURCHASES MUST BE DONE ONLINE" ...their policy...

ps, Great price on citric acid also.........

tim

Jim, what I am saying is that you discover how a carpet or grout line will respond by mixing prespray or cleaner, applying, allow to dwell, aggitate, then rinse and extract. Much more time consuming than a few seconds. I would rather spend a couple of dollars more and know that my clients got the best possible clean. In my part of the country at least, with red clay soil, southern country-style cooking with the grease that goes with it and cleaning that doesnt occur as often as it should, I would rather overkill the cleaner and get on to the next job sooner with the knowledge that I used every tool at my disposal. I dont own a vortex, maybe the additional heat would make a difference, the cds only gets 235 at the machine. I can only speak for my area, my machine, my experience but if a home is well maintained, I dont boost for the other 60 percent I do. My clients call me because their dog pisses on the carpet, filter lines are left by other cleaners, odors are getting embarrassing or kids have made a mess of things and company is coming over. I do what it takes to do the best job possible, preferably in the shortest time possible. Instead of always pulling out the 175, rx20 or crb, I use boost in my prespray. I see it as more time vs. money for the boost. I prefer not to work as hard and get home to the wife and kids. I am high end for these parts but dont touch the hourly production of you guys in the west. $100 an hour is about par for me, clients happy, business up over 50 percent, for me it works. I consider 40 volume, fels naptha, red vanish, cyclone and hel gel as my friend too! Just the way it is here. One day I want people to pay me to clean well maintained homes, some are but most of my clients need a knowledgeable cleaner that has all the tools available to get out the last 6-12 months of abuse. Im glad to do it

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
well put and understood...........but the vortex and the CDS are only tools......it is what you put down that really counts when it comes to cleaning.....your CDS gets plenty hot enough.....

I would also recommend that you get a hold of Duane Oxley 1-678-887-1226
and get some Clean Streak from Accelerated Chem Tech..on of the best southern country-style cooking grease cleaning products on the market.

BTW.................I really miss that red clay

tim

Jim, I have tried clean streak and it works well as do most highly touted presprays on the bb. For me, ultra pac or judsons on everyday and extreme clean by cti on the nasties. I can get ultra pac and extreme clean locally, saves the hassle of having it shipped. Both are economical to use and mixes well. About the only thing I havent tried is Cobbs, he is in Dallas, 1 day shipping here so I may give him a shot. Thanks for the tips, hope Arizona is treating you well.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Tim,

Not that you will giv -a- sht.....But that was a GREAT post......

For someone that has been in the BIZ for a short period of time. You have a very good
grasp of your expectations & your cleintal...Bravo...You will be very sucessful in this BIZ,
or any other..... with that "COMMON SENSE APPROACH."

I have personal experiance dealing with the "clay-based "soiling......It is a PITA......
Most cleaners could not deal with this type of soiling on a day-to -day basis...........

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK..............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
tim said:
Jim, I have tried clean streak and it works well as do most highly touted presprays on the bb. For me, ultra pac or judsons on everyday and extreme clean by cti on the nasties. I can get ultra pac and extreme clean locally, saves the hassle of having it shipped. Both are economical to use and mixes well. About the only thing I havent tried is Cobbs, he is in Dallas, 1 day shipping here so I may give him a shot. Thanks for the tips, hope Arizona is treating you well.

Not as well as Oklahoma did but it is OK....I use cobbs power max on a daily bases....worth trying....

Chris A

Name
Chris
dealtimeman said:
where or who sells this sodium percarbonate you speak of.

Any type of oxy plus type product from any supplier will do the trick. When I boost with that I usually start blowing foam out of the top of my Hydro Force, thats how I know its workin!

tim

Thanks Joe, I do appreciate that coming from a 31 year veteran of this industry! Great looking truck by the way! I do everything I can to learn more about this business to put distance between myself and my competition. I got my master certs, went to SFS and learn from some of the most successful people in this industry every day on this board! No one has all the answers but if you cant get it from this board, there probably isnt an answer. I appreciate every bit of advice I have received on this board and try to share them with others to "pay it forward". I still try every new bb hot item myself just to see how they compare head to head. If they are equal, I go with the easiest to get and most economical. Some products have worked as advertised and others are just so-so. I go with what works for me and continue to try new products that might make my job easier or a customer happier. I didnt know you lived in Oklahoma Jim. Headed to the OU red/white scrimmage this weekend, skybox suite tickets! Good to be a Sooner

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Marietta.......I had some land...horses....goats ..chickens......the whole southern hick thing going on....

I worked in Gainesville Texas just on the other side of the red river...One day I hope to go back and pick up where I left off......

tim

Home of the "broken cookie" factory! Did you own a vortex then or where you in the carpet biz? I knew you were a good person, now I know why!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Yep the cookie factory........
I was not in the cleaning business until a few years after I came back to AZ.....

I trained electricians in Gainesville...........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom