How do you wand Commercial?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
X2..that WAS the absolute WORST wanding i have ever seen...
and i've seen a lot!
look me up at the fest......i'll ezplain the double triangle overlap stroke to ya!
and i have had my triangles measured to witin a 1/4 "

and the little ol' black ladies loved their triangles.....

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'd rather work a little harder, get the carpet clean faster, and use the time saved to do something more fun.

Drag-wanding commercial jobs is easier, but not more profitable, than using a proper wand stroke unless you have the best combination of low nap and light surface soil. I agree with Marty that the technique shown here might lend itself to callbacks or require even more time spent fixing what was caused by the cleaning method.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya go to farthest point work your way out, 5 to 6 foot maximum stroke, dry stroke, always overlap. Some guys like to clean in and pull hose behind, I'll pay a helper to pull hose rather then having them sit home and pull something else.

My biggest problem with my son is he wants to clean like I dry stroke in v pattern always leaving areas wetter then he dry strokes it all up. It always looks decent but it drives me crazy.

He'll say I'm doing it like you said. I say thats not what I said or do!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My helper Phil was doing 10 foot strokes walking forward and backwards I'm like what are you doing?

hogjowl

Idiot™
The vacuum slot always follows the jets, so I really don't care if my son cleans in line or in V's. He can clean in figure eights for all I care. All I care about is he keeps his stroke short enough so that he can focus on the details and he does his dry stroke before Mikey does his.

But I really get pissed when he leaves a jet track of soaked carpet all the way across a room. You can't dry stroke away the problems that causes.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My issue is he'll keep the the wand triggered forward and backwards thats where he'll leave it wetter in spots until the dry stoke.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've wanded similarly, not that long a stroke however. Always back lapped any overspray on the dry pass, and then a dry pass afterward. This is why I like the greenhorn with the angled jets. If I had a "normal" wand I'd never be able to wand like this.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
After using the Zipper at MF I've got to think the Zipper would have flushed better while still leaving it very dry. The wand handle mod was pretty sweet too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom