how does my Boxxer 421 Measure up to a Vortex @ 150'?

sdaws4

I was reading about some of you guys that use this Vortex, does it have enough suction to where you don’t have to do dry passes? how does V with 6 jet @ 150ft. sand up in cleaning performance compared with a Boxxer 421 with a rotovac @ 150ft.? I’m sure some of you V guy are going to piss your pants

Greenie

Re: how does my system Measure up?

I know someone will defend it, but it's pretty hackish to not do at least one dedicated dry only pass, in fact this technique and metality is probably responsible for most of the negative attention HWE cleaners get, and directly related to the very springboard that gave Chem-Dry it's open door 30 years ago.

sdaws4

I was just wondering how much suction it had? Don’t have to pull out the Chem.-Dry card

Greenie

To be perfectly fair, after seeing quite a few units out there, you could easily say a stock Vortex will dry carpet to as good of a standard as a 421 with no dry passes...lots of variables there. Vortex is released with 2" and 2.5" hose, 2" wand, 18"hg and 550cfm, and high heat. Boxxer has a 1.5" wand, hose and 12"hg and 300cfm and average heat.

But this is a strange comparison?

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier

to be honest with you, I have owned a boxxer 427, spit fire, hydra cat, maxx 470 and a thermal wave II at one point in time

I could leave a vac port open on my vortex and I think it would still do better then my 427, I could probably pull two sections of hose to clean with and leave a vac port open and still have better vac

after 150' the boxxer series tends to lose a serious amount of vacuum with the tri lobe blower

If I didn't have a glided wand not sure if you could move the wand on commercial without hurting yourself @ 17" of lift

If I do a very slow dry stroke, you can hardly feel any moisture on the carpet

no need to piss your pants if you have penis enevy

what is your point

Name
Bill Soukoreff

I have a 4 cylinder car that puts out 80 hp. I just want to know how it compares with a V8 that puts out 300 hp? Can anyone tell me how my car would perform against it? I just have no clue, I keep trying to ask a big V8 owner but I can never keep up to them in order to ask. Could someone help me out here?

Sorry dude, but that is what you are asking.

roro

Name
Ross Craig

Quote "I have a 4 cylinder car that puts out 80 hp. I just want to know how it compares with a V8 that puts out 300 hp? Can anyone tell me how my car would perform against it? I just have no clue, I keep trying to ask a big V8 owner but I can never keep up to them in order to ask. Could someone help me out here?"Unquote

Sure can. About 25 years ago I traded my Rover SD1 (3.5 L Buick) in on a Daihatsu 3 cyl 1000 cc.
Well i never had so much fun in a car. they were a bit of an unknown on our roads ; that little thing was about the size of a pregnant roller skate but it could go like the clappers and stick to the road like sheet to a blanket.

A few of the muscle cars would put their foot down when I zipped past but as I changed from 3rd to 4th and then to 5th they disappeared in the rear view mirror. 8) 8)

roro

ps It was one of the earliest of the turbo's.

Able 1

Name
Keith

sdaws4 said:
I was reading about some of you guys that use this Vortex, does it have enough suction to where you don’t have to do dry passes? how does V with 6 jet @ 150ft. sand up in cleaning performance compared with a Boxxer 421 with a rotovac @ 150ft.? I’m sure some of you V guy are going to piss your pants

What size engine dose it have?

Is it a briggs?

Are you running 2.5 hose?

I really would love a vortex myself then you could advertize "THE MOST POWERFULL CLEANING SYSTEM IN THE WORLD!" really what is better then that!

Don't really know that I will ever get one but...

Hook your hoses together a play tug of war!(it will be like a tractor pull) :lol:

Keith

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom