how does this stuff damage carpet?

FredC

Village Idiot
I've never seen it do damage.
but a whole lot of CC'ers say Resolve does

I've never seen it

..L.T.A.

there are a few different flavors. I suppose the ones with peroxide could cause color loss. Not sure if there is anything in any of them that will cause fiber damage....that is more likely done by homeowners scrubbing

doubtful sls does any real harm other than maybe some soil attraction (?)

Reactions: Papa John

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don’t recall ever seeing any provable damage from Resolve, but I’ve rinsed enough of it to realize the white “bleach” spot is actually residual Resolve left in the fiber. I’ve rinsed and rinsed and just can’t get rid of all the foam, but the white spot goes away after drying.

Defoamer works well on it.

Name
Nate W.
Idk the ingredients in it but I see a whole lot of damage done with Resolve, Wool-Lite, SpotShot on house carpets and natural fiber rugs..

Color loss not texture change..

We always recommend if they want to use it, apply to cotton towel and then carpet.. Most just are trigger happy when it comes down to it..

Reactions: Clean Rug Doug

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Idk the ingredients in it but I see a whole lot of damage done with Resolve, Wool-Lite, SpotShot on house carpets and natural fiber rugs..

Color loss not texture change..

We always recommend if they want to use it, apply to cotton towel and then carpet.. Most just are trigger happy when it comes down to it..
I think they over apply it. It never gets rinsed so keeps on working until it burns the fiber.

Reactions: Mr Brightside

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Most just are trigger happy when it comes down to it

that's what I've noticed most.
grapefruit sized soap residue resoil spots all over

Yawks reactivate all that soap and end up with "cleaner" spots.
Then blame it on Resolve because they're not able to get the rest of the carpet as clean

50% are hacks and don't know it

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
that's what I've noticed most.
grapefruit sized soap residue resoil spots all over

Yawks reactivate all that soap and end up with "cleaner" spots.
Then blame it on Resolve because they're not able to get the rest of the carpet as clean

50% are hacks and don't know it

..L.T.A.
The problem is, you can't rinse soap with more soap. You don't see these spots until you have presprayed over them and start rinsing with whatever extraction detergent you are using. Doesn't matter if you use acid or alkaline rinse, you are still rinsing with "soap". You can use a little liquid defoamer or volatile solvent on these spots and rinse with just water or a non detergent rinse such as Ultrachem Labs Neutralizer. If there is no color loss, it will rinse right out.

• Eyeroll
Reactions: Dolly Llama

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
That's the beauty of the world famous RVJR. I have washed hundreds of those 'spots' out completely. Hover directly over and watch the magic of 525 cleaning passes per minute.
Problem solved.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Well in a strong undiluted state is corrosive in nature.
It's also activated in residue form by temp an oxygen.
It's usually made with extra foaming agents that could cause rapid resoiling in fiber over time.
It's toxic to many things an also used in insecticides etc.
Hope I guessed some what correctively?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom