How far are you guys booked out?

Name
Steve Lawrence
We're typically booked out about 2 weeks most of the time during the cleaning season, maybe 3 weeks before the fall holidays. It costs us a few jobs--the people that need it done really soon. We usually have enough time in our schedule to handle small emergencies.

Do you think 2 weeks is too long to wait for our service?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Personally I would call someone else if I had to wait one week.

I'm damn impatient! I want what I want and I want it NOW! :evil: :winky:

Seriously I do not like to wait once I'm committed to purchasing a product or a service. I might study it for months, weeks, days and then when I'm ready I want it then. I can wait a few days but weeks. WELL..........I'm going to call around.

No matter how great your service was last time I'm going to assume you guys are pretty much to the same (unless you use a porty...FRANK! :p). I might ask around and see if my friends or relatives have someone that they use and are pleased with and see if they can get to me sooner.

Man I wish we were booked that far out! :headbang: We are usually just a few days and we can always squeeze you in if we need to.

We squeezed in two water losses today. One from a nasty storm last night that knocked out power to a small town up near the Nebraska boarder.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I don't think "How good of a job you did last time" comes into play in this discussion as much as "How bad of a job I got last time I went with someone else. I use to have a waiting list 4 weeks out. Fortunately its usually 2 weeks max now, which is easier on me and my customers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I am telling people my first available time is in July, four weeks from now. Every day I lose a few jobs because some folks can't wait. For me, it's just the price I pay to operate like I do. It's nothing new. There's only so many hours in a day and my business peaked out many, many years ago. I don't lose sleep over it. Hagopian and Modernistic and Centurion are the recipients of my overflow of customers. It's a good problem to have.

Mikey P

Administrator
Art and Doug

You two run identical businesses from what I gather.

How many jobs a month do you average from May to October?

Do you work five, six or seven days?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Mike- I average 3-4 jobs a day, 5 days a week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Mikey P

Administrator
are you posting on your phone from the home owners bathroom?

I have both trucks out today and here I am at home scratching myself. :rockon:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Art and Doug

You two run identical businesses from what I gather.

How many jobs a month do you average from May to October?

Do you work five, six or seven days?

I have no clue about job numbers. I only look ahead, never behind. All I know is every beautiful June day is filled with jobs. I have two Sundays off. I have a condo on the beach on Lake Huron I can't visit until the July 4th weekend. Oh well. My wife said she will go up there and enjoy it.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
We're typically booked out about 2 weeks most of the time during the cleaning season, maybe 3 weeks before the fall holidays.

Do you work by yourself, Steve? How do you run an estimate if booked 8-6 or whatever... It's an issue I'm actually running into, no time to bring the bids back.

I'm booked til the 9th, if I NEEDED to I could stay out later or fit them in somehow.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
We're typically booked out about 2 weeks most of the time during the cleaning season, maybe 3 weeks before the fall holidays. It costs us a few jobs--the people that need it done really soon. We usually have enough time in our schedule to handle small emergencies.

Do you think 2 weeks is too long to wait for our service?

90% of the time I am week and a half to 2 weeks out...........we normally lose 3 or 4 jobs a month because of it..........

Lonny

Supportive Member
I'm two weeks out right now. My first year really hitting the residential hard. Up till this year it has been almost exclusively Commercial.
I have drop offs even being only two weeks out. Picked up two new commercial clients, and an additional building for an existing client this week. Speaking of which tomorrow is interview day! Definitely tis the season!

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
We are about a week out. The past 2-3 weeks have been killer....not many jobs, but huge tickets. We had a record week last week even with the holiday. Guys were at a class yesterday so we've only worked M and W of this week and already looks like we will blow out last week. I don't know what's going on, but I'll take it. Bring it on!

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm never booked out.. If they want it tomorrow they'll have it tomorrow,if they want it within an hour I'll see what I can do.:winky: I don't advertize(except SM reminders), 90% of new custy's are referrals. 18 jobs so far this month.. I have 8 on my schedule for tomorrow, 7 for Friday..

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I'm never booked out.. If they want it tomorrow they'll have it tomorrow,if they want it within an hour I'll see what I can do.:winky: I don't advertize(except SM reminders), 90% of new custy's are referrals. 18 jobs so far this month.. I have 8 on my schedule for tomorrow, 7 for Friday..

8 jobs in one day? What are they one room or are your running multiple trucks/routes? We are mostly repeat and referral as well. But with the size of our average job we can only do 2-3 jobs a day.

Able 1

Name
Keith
8 jobs in one day? What are they one room or are your running multiple trucks/routes? We are mostly repeat and referral as well. But with the size of our average job we can only do 2-3 jobs a day.

2 vans 2 guys, we split up for the little ones, use 2 vans on the bigger ones.. 8 for Friday now also.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
I'm Rick James
Do any of you guys raise your minimum charge during the summer? I was thinking of bumping up my minimum charge this summer to $197 from $147.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Every year that a thread like this appears I feel like I need to leave this:

fapfap_zps11a68c7c.jpg

You're welcome.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Every year that a thread like this appears I feel like I need to leave this:

fapfap_zps11a68c7c.jpg

You're welcome.

:lol: Think I read once you wacked out quite a few in a day.. What was you record? 15

My prices are right in the middle, so I should really bump them up.. Tomorrow we will be doing all 8 with one van, but drive the other to a central location just in case.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
We're booked out 2 to 3 weeks typically and I lose a lot of work not being able to do next day appointments or even within a week.

That being said we downsized purposely as growing the company and adding employees just turned out to be more of a headache then we wanted so were in a real good happy spot now. Just not for clients who need it immediately

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
When Monday arrives we will usually have about 5 openings for the week. By Monday @ 6 or early Tue that week is full and we're filling up the following. We usually schedule 4-5 jobs per day shift depending on size, then we have a break, then we go out and do a couple restaurants at night

Last edited:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
When Monday arrives we will usually have about 5 openings for the week. By Monday @ 6 or early Tue that week is full and we're filling up the following. We usually schedule 4-5 jobs per day shift depending on size, then we have a break, then we go out and do a couple restaurants at night

We are running very similar. Beginning of the past 3-4 weeks we had several appointments opened. By Tuesday/Wednesday the rest of the week was booked out.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Here in podunkville, we do 2-3 residentials \ day this time of year. If it’s a big commercial job - that is all I schedule for the day.

We are booked a week out. We always try to work someone in when possible for our repeat customers (landlords, etc.) and family emergencies. Since I don’t overbook, it’s usually not a problem. Folks will not wait, even if they have to pay to have someone drive 60 miles to come here or they rent the doctor! What really makes me mad is when they call for advice on what products to use with the doctor….

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Amy, why not sell them the right product?

and don't forget to explain to them about soil saturation done by underpowered machines. Plant the seed in their mind and create a secondary business of restoring (at an added cost, naturally) their damaged over saturated, residue reeking carpeting.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom