How fast do you spin your blower?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I run my Roots 47DSL 2700-2750 for most carpet, about 2600 for stairs, about 2450-2500 for upholstery. 1:1 with a FD851D 31 hp Kawasaki (same as Peak).

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam
Name
Jeff T
I’ve run my 47 blower @ 3450 for 6000 plus hours.

I was told I would ‘cook it’ if I ran any higher than 2850…I set it @ 3450 around the 300 hour mark.

I run my lift @ 17”…

It’s loud, it pulls HARD, and I need ear plugs when I run it.

I double up on maintenance intervals, and not a single problem yet.

We regularly run 125-300 for residential, and 250-450’ for commercial work.

We run 2.5 for the first 50’ for residential, and 100-350 for commercial.

We can get any job done faster, and move onto the next…

Lc17smp

Name
Larry Cole
I run mine at 3k. Set without hoses attached and water pump off. (Apex 570) It is supposed to be set at that per the manufacture. I put a digital rpm gauge on it a while back and to my surprise it was set at about 2250 rpm on full throttle. I called the Jon-Don where I bought it and asked if I could stop by and have them check the rpm and adjust it. Turns out they don't have a rpm gauge. LOL. I wasn't going to have them adjust it as its easy but was trying to figure out if it was ever done at all. Apparently not. I bought a secondary (pulley) rpm gauge to verify the digital one was actually correct. I did raise my lift to 13"ish. My dry times are slow at 250+ ft on commercial. Might need to try more lift and extend the length on my 4" to the door next time I'm out past 250 ft which isn't often.

Im full throttle at 150+ ft on most carpet
2500 rpm for less than 150 ft on carpet
2000 rpm for stairs and upholstery
Now if I could adjust that and heat from an app on my phone that would be nice.

Reactions: Johnny and BIG WOOD
Name
Jeff T
what TM, Jeff?

I bet it does

..L.T.A.
Cleanco Compact 47. Chev 1 ton extended van.

We regularly run 150-350’ hose runs, and my dry times @ those lengths are very good.

Anything over 150’ we also run geothermal solution hose to retain all the heat we can get.

I love cleaning with this machine, it’s done everything I’ve asked of it…

Name
Jeff T
I run mine at 3k. Set without hoses attached and water pump off. (Apex 570) It is supposed to be set at that per the manufacture. I put a digital rpm gauge on it a while back and to my surprise it was set at about 2250 rpm on full throttle. I called the Jon-Don where I bought it and asked if I could stop by and have them check the rpm and adjust it. Turns out they don't have a rpm gauge. LOL. I wasn't going to have them adjust it as its easy but was trying to figure out if it was ever done at all. Apparently not. I bought a secondary (pulley) rpm gauge to verify the digital one was actually correct. I did raise my lift to 13"ish. My dry times are slow at 250+ ft on commercial. Might need to try more lift and extend the length on my 4" to the door next time I'm out past 250 ft which isn't often.

Im full throttle at 150+ ft on most carpet
2500 rpm for less than 150 ft on carpet
2000 rpm for stairs and upholstery
Now if I could adjust that and heat from an app on my phone that would be nice.
Forget 4TTD. Get the machine set up for 2.5.
Even if that means you have to get a custom waste tank lid…
Get the lift set to 15-16.

Make sure the filters are clean ALL the time,use a quality degreaser, spray the filters, dwell, srub W Brush, rinse W/ hot water.Make sure the seals in the waste tank lid are sealed.

Get rid of the BS flash cuffs, or the plastic hose connectors. Go to a metal supplier, and have stainless steel hose connectors made up.
mine are 5” in length. They do NOT restrict air flow like the plastic ones.

Make sure the cuffs are sealed, we run teflon pipe tape on the ends of each hose before we put the cuffs on.

Any air leak is a loss of suction = loss of power @ the end of the wand= soil being left behind= Shyte dry times= UNHAPPY CLIENTS….

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
You’ve been trolling people since the 90’s?

That’s 30 years!!!

For real?

How sad…

Trolling is, perhaps, an unfortunate word

I see Marty more as the Diogenes of Mikeysboard

One of his quotes that makes me see it as so:

“Of what use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings?”
― Diogenes of Sinope

And a story about his opinion of Alexander the Great when he entered his city:

“Alexander the Great found the philosopher looking attentively at a pile of human bones. Diogenes explained, "I am searching for the bones of your father but cannot distinguish them from those of a slave.”
― Diogenes

He didn't suffer fools gladly....

Lc17smp

Name
Larry Cole
For those of you increasing rpm’s are you having any issues with your pressure pump? (Water) The pump on my 570 is listed at 1450 max rpm by General. Pulley reduction has my pump spinning at 50% of the engine I believe. The only time I would even consider increasing lift and rpm’s is to dual wand on commercial. The 570 does ok at 150 ft on each wand but predictably slow dry times. I don’t do much commercial but I don’t get calls for it and I’m not out looking for it. If I could get better dry times and longer hose runs on commercial I might go after it more.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
For those of you increasing rpm’s are you having any issues with your pressure pump? (Water) The pump on my 570 is listed at 1450 max rpm by General. Pulley reduction has my pump spinning at 50% of the engine I believe. The only time I would even consider increasing lift and rpm’s is to dual wand on commercial. The 570 does ok at 150 ft on each wand but predictably slow dry times. I don’t do much commercial but I don’t get calls for it and I’m not out looking for it. If I could get better dry times and longer hose runs on commercial I might go after it more.
What do you consider a long day time? Is that tested with a moisture meter. I find a normal dry time when I am at is approximately 8-12 hours, tested with a moisture meter. A little quicker if I use a 2 inch wand and do slower dry strokes. Commercial carpet, I often have dry in 4 hours. This is with an older Prochem Apex. A lot of my commercial I've converted to encap with my Phoenix or Sprayborg.

Lc17smp

Name
Larry Cole
Last 2 commercial jobs with 2” wand, medium speed dry passes and fans have been 12-18 hrs. No meter. Touch method. 4 hrs would be really good.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Last 2 commercial jobs with 2” wand, medium speed dry passes and fans have been 12-18 hrs. No meter. Touch method. 4 hrs would be really good.
Sounds like too much water, not enough vacuum. Some commercial carpet is difficult to get a good vacuum seal with a wand. Not hard to leave too much water behind.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Is the climate control HVAC system turned on during and after you clean to reduce the humidity?

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Often on glue down carpet, the floor is so uneven your wand can't get a good bite. I've had some where my wand chatters all over the place. Another reason to look at encapping with a Phoenix or similar with absorbent pads. You get an even job with no drying or wicking issues

Reactions: Living The Dream

hogjowl

Idiot™
one of the main reasons I don’t like a 15”wand on commercial. The wider wands tend to create an air pocket over the unevenness more than a 12-13” wand
While you’re not known for accurate assessments, I can see some merit in that statement.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My cds was factory set at 1500. I added a few hundred rpm's. No problem.
The rpms on the clutch was running that slow not the blower.

On high they spin a regular cds 3000.

The electric model goes to to 3500rpm blower not clutch drive.

The sapphire was set to 1000 low 1200 medium and 1400 on high for the Clutch drive.

Back
Top Bottom