How fast do you work

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Did you actually time yourself with a watch to get those figures?

I'd be surprised if you didn't have a pool of water in front of the wand.

If so, that's way too slow. I don't know off the top of my head what I do, but it's a lot faster than that.

I'd think probably 3-4' strokes taking about 15 seconds each way. Of course, different carpets and different soil loads will dictate different speeds.

John

Chads

Supportive Member
Do yourself a favor and go to youtube and watch some videos it might help on your speed just know there are a lot of crappy bad habits some guys out there.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
newbie_steaming said:
I pull the wand 12-18" per minute. The guy said I don't have to work this sow. Do you agree?

yes, I agree

I think your estimated numbers must be off.
I'm a S-L-O-W flush/rinse wand stroke guy on the heavy soiled parts and I'm not close to going that slow.

That's a production rate of 60 to 90 sq ft pr hour :shock:
Surely you can clean a typical 2 bed rm apt in less than FIVE hours

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
newbie_steaming said:
I mean 12 inches in 12-18 seconds... sorry pretty fried mentally

ahhh, in that case, no it's not too fast for the heavy soiled areas if the goal is thorough flush/rinse extract and kick azz quality.
That's 200 to 300sf pr hour.
However, It will be tough to make any dough doing empty apts that way if that's your production time for all the carpet.
It will take you 2 hours or better to do an average 2 bd rm and lving rm flat apt
( not including set up and porty bucket brigade)
most apts aren't willing to pay top dollar for CCing

make up time in the less soiled areas like closets and room perimeters that don't get nearly as soiled as traffic lanes

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
That's a little bit slower than what I do, and Bruce DeLoach told me once that I was too slow. His bacward stroke was like a fast swipe. Can you imagine doing a fast swipe while using a 36 blower, 1.5 inch whip, and 250 psi? That's the typical TCS set up and recommended pressure.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I usually do about 12" per second, and will adjust/slow down when needed, or do a second wet pass.

G

Whatever speed you want to go is fine,nobody here can dictate that,but slower is probably better

TimP

with a TM running .10 flow I'm at about 1 ft per second and production times of around 300+ per hour residential like before and as fast as 750 ft per hour. With dry passes, vacuuming, etc.

With a porty I could see 3-4 second per ft and doing only one pass like a TM, but not no 18 seconds for sure.

Hell even the Rug Doctor says you're supposed to go at 1 ft per second. Maybe you need to buy one of them.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ken Snow said:
Chris- that's what I tell my girlfriend, 12" a second! :shock:

c'mon Ken, Really?? :lol: The snow got you a little stir crazy too?

Name
Nate W.
c_adkins said:
[quote="Ken Snow":2c242fq0]Chris- that's what I tell my girlfriend, 12" a second! :shock:

c'mon Ken, Really?? :lol: The snow got you a little stir crazy too?[/quote:2c242fq0]

You guys got it all wrong. Ken's gf cleans carpet for him. So when he wants to dump her, he just fires her. :mrgreen:

Greenie

So...u are sayin a 3' long stroke will take you 3 seconds?

That might fly for clean carpet, but I'd be at 1/2 or 1/3 of that speed on a dirty carpet, and I wouldn't rush the dry stroke either, for some reason I see everyone rush the dry stroke, why? Every fiber needs a fair shake.

Chris A

Name
Chris
with a good prespray and dwell, this works for most situations, of course nastys require more time/additional passes, as I have said. I dry stroke at about the same speed I rinse. I'm not all that new at this stuff.

TimP

Greenie said:

That might fly for clean carpet, but I'd be at 1/2 or 1/3 of that speed on a dirty carpet, and I wouldn't rush the dry stroke either, for some reason I see everyone rush the dry stroke, why? Every fiber needs a fair shake.

For most situations that's all you need, at least the way I see it. If it don't get it then you chop stroke it and flush it out.

I thought the whole idea of high flow is to be able to go faster.

Chris A

Name
Chris
TimP said:
Greenie said:

For most situations that's all you need, at least the way I see it. If it don't get it then you chop stroke it and flush it out.

Indeed, me too. Next they'l say all CDS owners are inherently hacks. :wink:

TimP

c_adkins said:
TimP said:
Greenie said:

Indeed, me too. Next they'l say all CDS owners are inherently hacks. :wink:

Not me I'm on the top 25 list!!!! 8)

Greenie

All CDS owners are hacks by nature.

I honestly have some reservation that a 3 sec. 3 foot pass is rinsing all the prespray, tell me you hit it more than once at that speed?

Hey...your the seasoned veterans, Im the Greenhorn, just my observation.

I don't even pre-vac that fast.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom