How hard do you work?

Bob Foster

It's a serious question. Mike Hughes (ACE) brought up net per hour and it got me all retrospective thinking about life's biggest questions.

Do you think you work hard?

Harder than other people in this business or others?

Do you wish you had the opportunity to work more jobs per week or less?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I feel as though I work harder than anyone I know, heard of or knew.

Put that together with working smarter and smarter and you're golden.

I need to calm down and just win the lottery instead. 8)

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Do you get a sore hand or shoulder from all that patting yourself on the back? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just goofin on ya Brian~ good for you for thinking you are the best and always looking to improve yourself.

Name
jack zerkie
The other day did a small job two rooms for a lady new cust. Lady said it,s really small and easy to do? What she didn,t tell me was that the hose run was 225 ft to get to the easy job. The cleaning is easy haha, but set up and put away is time and work. She did say what a great job . but it didn,t take long. I finished the rooms ,but still had the break down yet. The heat and humidity here are very high and this makes the job harder. I still love cleaning carpets ,but can see leaving soon, most of my customers are much younger than I am and it,s time to start enjoying life.

Name
Ron lippold
for me this is not work, I have done much harder things, If you take time to do est and find out what your getting yourself into you can make some really good money. I dont price over the phone at all. If they wont let me in to give a exact price they are not my kind of client. For me that one step make this a game I win at all the time.... shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I've been working my ass off lately with carpet clean/repair and tile/grout/stone cleaning and colorsealing grout 5 or 6 days a week, been on my hands and knees a lot lately, it's kinda tough work, especially repairs and colorsealing, but I've got some part time help now....like Ron I don't give exact prices over the phone either...best I'll do is give a ballpark figure....every job is very good money that is more than worth the labor and materials/chemicals put into it

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:
Do you get a sore hand or shoulder from all that patting yourself on the back? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just goofin on ya Brian~ good for you for thinking you are the best and always looking to improve yourself.

Lego my ego. :lol:

I've got a sore hand and shoulder.....but it ain't from patting myself on the back....Just ask Harper. :shock:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I think I work hard, Then my wife makes me work hard. You don't do shit until your wife is booking your jobs. lol. She needs a new pair of shoes ya know.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ron Lippold said:
for me this is not work, I have done much harder things, If you take time to do est and find out what your getting yourself into you can make some really good money. I dont price over the phone at all. If they wont let me in to give a exact price they are not my kind of client. For me that one step make this a game I win at all the time.... shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

So how many hours per week are you driving around giving estimates Ron?

Name
Ron lippold
Most weeks Mikey are around 45-50 I have to be doing something i like, we have lots of golf courses around and if we are not working we rub elbows with the right people. we adverage 4-5 jobs a day with a few est in between.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Doug Cox said:
I think I work hard, Then my wife makes me work hard. You don't do shit until your wife is booking your jobs. lol. She needs a new pair of shoes ya know.

Amen brother...

Name
Ron lippold
Yes My head tech is either with me in the house taking measurement while im talking to mrs Phif, or he may be passing out door hangers depending on the neighborhood. We give full value. What mikey do you not pay your helpers.

Mike Draper

I dont really feel like this is hard work. I actually enjoy going out almost every day unless it 10 deg. When we do work it always very profitable, unless I forget to add in 3000 sq. ft. on a commercial job :oops: :cry: I've grown up doing lots of other really crappy, hard jobs. To me this is a walk in the park.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom