how is pine solvent vs dlimo?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I been seeing some products lately that are pine solvents. They are advetised to be used in the same fashion as dlimo or citrus solvents. How does pine solvents work in comparison?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
junior;

d-Limonene is much preferred.

Better solvent and much better fragrance.

Only drawback is the higher price due to high demand.

Larry

gavin

the pine solvent worked okay. It's the perfect time of year to use it, pine smells like Christmas. mainly just reminded me of pine-sol.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
The pine pre-spray is way overboard on smell. I even took it off the truck. The same company also has an orange based PS that seems to work well.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have some Pine Boost from BP. Works good but the Pine smell is SUPER strong!!!!!

I use it on stinky empty places. If you put 6 onces in a Hydraforce it will leave a pine sent in the place for 2-3 days. Good for an empty but not good for a place that is being lived in.

I can put 1 once in a Hydraforce and it just gives a "clean" smell to the pre-spray. that is what the custys are saying.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Captain Morgan said:
Ok....
Harmful how? Please elaborate.

The animals can begin to associate the PINE smell as friend NOT foe... :shock:

This will SUBSTANTIALLY increase the chances of you getting ROBBED... :idea: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Todd Anthony

I am using pow-r-pak pine from hardball chems. Got the deal 2 gallons for 37 shipped from the cleanfax mag. 2-4 ounces per gallon. Works goods but very strong smelling. They have orange also. It is an acid based cleaner ( a lot of solvent). Can use on fine rugs and upholstery too. yeah

John Buxton

heres something I read once on the subject;

I did not know this until today. Pinesol and it's fumes are highly toxic to pets. It can cause the inside of the throat and nose to burn and cause severe permanent damage to the throat and lungs.
My Toy Poodle Peanut was too close when I used undiluted Pinesol on a grease spot under my oven. He now has an awful cough, very similar to kennel cough. He might have permanent lung damage and possibly breathing problems from now on... Just from inhaling some fumes.
His cough might take a while to go away....but the damage done will not.
So everyone be please be careful with using Pinesol around pets!!!
Even safer... Find an alternative. Simple Green is excellent!

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Thanks for the info John. I had no idea...

I wonder if chem manufacturers are taking into consideration the strength of the Pine fumes? Lots of guys are saying the scent is too strong.

I saw the Hardball offer too. Jim Martin noted in a different thread that Pine worked really well for him and it rinsed easier too.

Larry Cobb says D'limo is better.

Hmmmm :?:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Regarding Bridgepoint's Pine Boost and Citrus Solv, both are 100% solvents, no water, not even added fragrances. The aroma comes from the ingredients naturally.

Pine does have a strong fragrance. We do not suggest using it as a spotter like Citrus Solv is used. However, diluted 1 ounce to a gallon as a booster for your prespray, both work very well and the pine is not over-powering.

Pine Sol may be harmful to some dogs, but I don't think it is because of the pine, it is other ingredients. Pine Sol smells like pine due to added fragrance, not due to the pine solvents.

Both pine solvent and d'limonene are terpenes. This is a class of solvents. All the terpenes are similar. So, one works just as effectively as the other. The differences are not in performance but in the fragrance and in the price. Pine Boost will run $9 to $10 a gallon less than Citrus Solv.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom