How is this possible? Fast dry with RX-20.

I cleaned a filthy nasty blue nylon carpet this evening. It was just one room and open areas. I had to pick up a ton of stuff and move a few small things. I decided to use the RX-20 full slots unglided at 600 psi. I only had to run 60' of hose. It took me over 30 minutes to clean with the RX one small room or about 200 sq ft of carpet. I used a ton of water for such a small area. The water going through the sight tube was choclate brown. I was moving it so slow but no dry strokes. It cleaned better than anything I have ever seen. I vacuumed the carpet for about 30 minutes before cleaning. My plan was to go back with my glided wand and dry stroke. I felt the carpet in several areas and it was not even damp so there was no need to even use the wand. It was really dry. I couldn't believe it.

I did have an issue with a couple seams coming apart and that freaked me out. That wouldn't have happened with the glides but the rx just will not clean as deep on a pile carpet with them on. I will have to be careful.

It takes forever to use the tool and I think the better dry times come from moving it really slow, but it is worth it on certain jobs. There is no way I could have got this carpet clean with my wand spray and suck. The traffic lanes would have came back in a week.

:lol:

Well it looked good when I left and I hope to never go back to this place. This carpet was a mess.

All I care about is I did the best I could.

That's what really matters.

TimP

You do have to look out for crappy seams with the RX. I've slightly torn 2-3 in my 4 years probably 2-3 years of continual RX use. I tend to test out the seams a bit going slowly up to them. Sometimes I'll just clean up to it then lift and go across and do the other side and touch up with my wand as I trim as necessary.

I haven't noticed saturated carpet from my RX either without dry strokes, and I run the "crappy" half slot HE machine with 3 02 flow flat jets on it. Cleans way better than a glided wand alone.

Name
Steve Lawrence
When cleaning seams with the RX be sure to have the soft side of the stroke (easier to show than explain) going over the seam with the RX shoes middle portion right on the seam but don't cross over it. Once you have the seam clean, roll your RX on its wheels beyond the seam then start again.

Until I learned that technique I was busting open seams regularly. With that technique you can clean most seams with no problem. For really bad seams use your wand.

G

Gnu

are the rx20's really slow geared?? I use an rx-20 sorta. I cant mention under penalty of harris's wraith. lol
I will say this much mine operates at 125 ? but its not a stock rx either he he he :twisted:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom