How is your February going?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I just got about $1900 in the mail... I haven't done anything other than prep sales letters all week. I love commercial work. It adds a level of predictability and sense of security to my business. Of course, I'm busy for a few hours tomorrow and all day Thursday but the 4 & 5 day weekends are nice this time of year...

I'm hoping to scale back my weekly vacation to 3 to 3.5 days a week this year... LOL So I have been working on some marketing stuff... I'll probably make it a free download on my website after I have Andrechelle add a blog to www.encapstore.com. So stay tuned for the Snake Oil Marketing Package... It's free and worth every penny!

Chris A

Name
Chris
It'd be better with a few checks in the mail. Otherwise better than last year, still slow though...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
booked 3 weeks out..4 jobs most days and a few have 5......the weather has warmed up real nice for this time of year......we were 81 today......

Jim Martin said:
booked 3 weeks out..4 jobs most days and a few have 5......the weather has warmed up real nice for this time of year......we were 81 today......

Jim I may seriously fly out and spend a few days with you so I can talk shop and really pick your brain apart.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
The weather has just started to break for the first time since before Christmas... I can imagine things will pick up in the next week or 2... That is, IF the weather stays above 40 degrees and fairly dry. Otherwise 6 more weeks of winter. We've had snow on the ground for the majority of the last 2.5 months so the work that usually finds me wasn't looking. Thank goodness for the Steady Eddie...

I'll be sending out a rather large mailing next week with a GREAT OFFER.... It will be targeted to facilities with 15k sq ft or more and have an offer for 2000 sq ft of free cleaning. All I ask that once the "demo" is completed and found to be satisfactory (read amazing) they give me an opportunity to prepare them a tailor made cleaning proposal & give me 15 minutes of thier time to discuss it wit them.

I have a few janitorial & property management companies that I'll be mailing to in hopes of becoming a resource for them as well. They can be great sources of work if you offer to supplement their existing staff when they run into problems... The rest of the lot is going to assisted living, commercial office spaces, movie theaters, medium sized health care, restaurants, video stores (a few are not 15K sq ft in one place but they'd make a nice 2 night route if can nail them down) and other assorted commercial spaces... They'll go out next Monday and Wednesday in 11x13 envelopes with something sweet to make it lumpy.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get the discipline to make myself do this every 6 weeks like I used too again. I skipped the last couple mailings... Spring may not have sprung just yet but it's ready to do it's thing in short order. Time to get the lazies out of my system again...

Wish me luck...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Good..............and bad.

Did over $50,000.00 in WDR last week, but with the weather so extreme not much carpet cleaning or any other cleaning going on.

Fire crews finally busy, but nothing that we will bill for awhile. Overall not bad, but we've had better.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
nothing major....just kinda flowing...

fookin ignitor went out AGAIN...i sent the mfg an email....3.5 mths is not long enough....this time i bought 2

so a few jobs got done with warm water...for all you fools who say you dont need HOT water KMA...you have never cleaned with it :x :x :x :x :x :x

gary mackay

It's summer time and balls to the wall as every summer. Thanks Al Gore for Global Warming, you & me is getting rich

Al

Crazy busy........!!!

started 22 claims since the 31 st of Jan 1
starting 3 more today. Somewhere around 250,000 with the rebuilds :shock:

Carpet cleaning was really good for Jan, slow for Feb and I'm fine with that.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I am glad tax returns are starting to come in. Booked 3 full days next week in 2 hours yesterday.The next three days it will be above 32, first time that warm in two months.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
pretty slammed..both trucks booked out 2 weeks with 3-5 jobs per day each truck
it will stay like this till early summer when the kids get out
of school then it will slow a little but not much.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
We are on a 600,000 sq. ft. job in ft. knox kentucky. I have Ron Lippold helping so 14 days into it
with 3 to 4 left.It's going to be my best month ever !!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
am glad tax returns are starting to come in. Booked 3 full days next week in 2 hours yesterday.The next three days it will be above 32, first time that warm in two months.

amazing the IRS won't even start processing most before mid feb-march 15 because of the tax laws. They may be processing the EZ forms

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
its the electronic file they wont be doing till then... because they havent updated software..

hand checked type stuff they are doing as normal

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Al said:
Crazy busy........!!!

started 22 claims since the 31 st of Jan 1
starting 3 more today. Somewhere around 250,000 with the rebuilds

Carpet cleaning was really good for Jan, slow for Feb and I'm fine with that.

Holy Bejebbers Alan!! $250k for the month of Feb or since first of the year? Either way, that's incredible. Are you only concentrating on floods/water damage? what's the secret to your success? ( hope I'm not being too nosey )

Best wishes for continued success for the rest of the year
Bill

Noidios

Name
Russ Zinck
It's only my 4th February in business, but I'm 75% over average and 50% over my best February. I'm also worn out. This is supposed to be the easy part of the year!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Warren Wallace said:
We are on a 600,000 sq. ft. job in ft. knox kentucky. I have Ron Lippold helping so 14 days into it
with 3 to 4 left.It's going to be my best month ever !!

Ron drove from Az ?
man, talk about travel time... :shock:

he cleared his schedule at home for 3 weeks to drive half way across the country to clean carpet???
Must be paying a pretty high SF price , cause i thought he was one of the fiddy cent and up a SF high rollers
and busy at home

we've been "steady" .
very good for this time of year

..l.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We did $100,000 in WDR (extraction and drying only). 8)

However last February we did $220,000.00 (extraction and drying only) in WDR thathurts

Not a bad month but the weather was sooo bad it hurt all other services we offer.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Ford Fairlane said:
We did $100,000 in WDR (extraction and drying only). 8)

However last February we did $220,000.00 (extraction and drying only) in WDR thathurts

Not a bad month but the weather was sooo bad it hurt all other services we offer.

Thank you for making me more depressed. :|

Al

Holy Bejebbers Alan!! $250k for the month of Feb or since first of the year? Either way, that's incredible. Are you only concentrating on floods/water damage? what's the secret to your success? ( hope I'm not being too nosey )

Best wishes for continued success for the rest of the year
Bill

I guess the calls started around Jan 18th but they are still coming, we start one today another tomorrow, plus we may have 15 condos with water damage to start this week.

We want to be a restoration company that just happens to clean carpets, so we focus on restoration
But we are still a cc company that just happens to do restoration

The secret to my success

I'm still working on that, I'll let you know when I get there

we got over 700 calls for Ice dams and flooding 90%l from the internet
We use Andrechelle web design and my son Shawn works on internet and other types of marketing

I guess it was just "our time".........and it's about time!

I do work hard though, I haven't had a day off since December 1 shiteatinggrin

We got a new shop on the 1st of Dec and I was working day and night to set it up, I came in on Christmas and New Years
and then all the flooding started. It's like my hobby and job, I just got Sunday off and spent 14 hours fixing up the shop because that's what I wanted to do
8)

Back
Top Bottom