How long does it take a slide in unit to initially heat water?

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
What is the the warm up time on a slide in unit? From a cold start to working temp. In particular on a Prochem Apex diesel.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
3-5 minutes depends on the ambient temps. You can always warm the unit up at your house before you hit the road but generally just start it up and run you hoses and then shut it down and attach and you already cooking. Or clean behind the furnishings first so its hot by the time you get to the traffic areas.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Our Apex is about 5 minutes We prespray with HF and just ready to go. Great heat

Reactions: Russ T.

Mikey P

Administrator
Im sorry..

I just need to giggle here.

You guys saying you cant live or clean without an extra 20° to 30° are missing something in your pie.

Like one more ounce of chem or a few mintutes more of dwell..

Or a brush.

All of which wont melt olefins, burn lawns and skin, eat up your hoses and valves or over tax your machine.

And yes, we run our BIG trucks at 200 to 220.

Anything more is giggleworthy.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
I agree with the amount of heat that is needed, usually run 200 to 230 atm depending on the carpet and the hose run. Think about an Indy car wrecking and you see all those pieces of debris flying of the car. The car is designed that way to the energy of the wreck away from the driver. So when you are using extremely hot water and all that steam ( water) is going into the air it is also taking cleaning energy away from where you want it to go (through the carpet). I was asking about the time it takes to heat up because sometimes when I am cleaning windows I will use the carpet machine to wash the screens. Not really necessary other than to set my window cleaning service apart from what others do.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Jerry it heats the whole way there. As soon as the line clears it's smokin hot. You could purge the water in the line directly into a bucket and have hot in seconds if needed.

So Richard, does it have a button or something to start pre heating? Lest say I'm going an hour away, would it overheat?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom