How long does it take you to clean a staircase?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Wyatt Earp said:
If they are that dense we should not be helping them, but rather sacrificing them in order to make the herd stronger. :p

May I suggest we start with Robison! :mrgreen:

Poor Brian.... So misunderstood. :mrgreen:

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Prochem upholstery tool 3 flow, swipe both sides. rock and roll right left feather done. 15-20 minutes.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
what's next from him? an 11 min video on how to turn the cleaning machine on?

clean with the wand or stairwand and vacuum the walls, then rake steps and walls. basic stuff.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I think I can rock out a staircase in 5-6mins. I'll post a vid. if I clean one in the next few days...

Mikey P

Administrator
I think the national average for a staircase is 2 bucks per step.

yeah, Jimmy is really helping out these newbs by convincing them that that is the way to clean a staircase.

Fred Boyle Certified. hey Marty, blow me

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
That smoke alarm beep really distracted my attention.

No more then ten minutes....
with the upholstery pro.

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
i went and checked my alarms,,until i realized it was the damn vid!!! :roll:

15-20 mins on a flight of stairs

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've seen some dark thick filtration lines on stairs.
I notice he's using a wand lip. never did like those.
I started cleaning stairs with a little PMF hand tool just like he showed. Worked pretty good, just hard on the back.
I'll stick with my normal stair tool. I have been floor wanding them if its just a few or I'm doing just the treads, but I find it too awkward, or its hitting the ceiling above the stairs, or the vac hose is in the way.

BTW most of the soil on a stair in in the bullnose and along the edge

Name
Lee Stockwell
The reason that there really ARE filtration lines on some stairs is that some homes are designed with the HVAC cold air return under the stairway. If ducted properly, no problem. However some contractors take a shortcut and just let the entire space be part of the return instead of properly ducting it with metal. Air takes the path of least resistance, and that includes nearby gaps in the framing, such as the edges of the steps.

This can sometimes happen in the middle of a large room when the space between floor joists is used as a quick and dirty cold air return. In this case the filtration line will show in gaps in the subfloor above. (same crappy work standards).

A clogged filter accelerates the above results.

Thanks,
Lee

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If it was a stair cleaning video. Why did he show turning on and getting hose from his disco truckmount?

I was waiting for the, " Use these forum aproved tools and brushes and by the way they are available at my online store."

Seems like most of his stuff is focused to just suck money out of newbie's wallets.

Always and alternative motive.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Royal Man said:
Seems like most of his stuff is focused to just suck money out of newbie's wallets.

Always and alternative motive.

Says the guy who sells marketing kits.... :roll:

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Mikey P said:
I think the national average for a staircase is 2 bucks per step.

Guys should be getting at least 10 times their s.f price for each stair.

What can you clean faster?

100 s.f. of carpet or 10 stairs?

wired

I do a lot of white carpet takes a little more time. most do have filtration lines. you have to charge more. prespray, brush,prochem stair tool,air mover and yes the whole house is dry by the time I leave....

S

sam miller

Mikey P said:
using the *** method it would take me 2 hours. :shock:

k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omQQL3VuZNsk]

"50 thousand cleaners sharing tips."

Come on Rob there may be 40 thousand in the whole country TOPS.

How long till he gets his TV Evangelist certification patch?

At 3:48 He smacks the hell out of the wall with the horse hair brush.

And there it is 4 minutes in he's say Mike cant clean stairs with a 6 jet wand!

Ps at 6 minute mark he really suck with a 2 jet stair tool how many squat when doing steps? Its completely a bad angle probably for the camera.

I'll use the end of the hose to dry the bullnose thank You. that little tool would break my back. I do like the airmover thats what I do. And are those the cleanest stair You ever saw???

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Has anyone used a tool like this? It's supposedly a Stanley Steamer tool. Not sure if it would work any better, but I have never seen one before.

StanleyStairTool2-1.jpg

StanleyStairTool-1.jpg

StanleyStairTool3-2.jpg

Chris A

Name
Chris
I tried to log a good account yesterday with my asst. about 4 minutes vaccing (half the time he skips the steps which pisses me off, but that's another thread), 2 minutes pre-spraying (tops), 2 minutes pre-scrubbing (if neccessary maybe 15% of the time), 5 minutes either wanding/cuffing or stair tool, and 1 minute raking/wiping around the edges. So a max I guess of 14 minutes if the steps are really bad and I was by meself, average though about 12. With an assistant, under 5.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I find it funny that everyone in here makes fun of *** especialy when Ive seen 3/4 of mikeys board in there playing both sides of the fence :lol:

Bucey

Name
FFA?
KevinD said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Carpet-Cleaning-Cleaner-Stair-Tool-Stanley-Steemer-/170779335703?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c33ddc17

Yep that's the Stanley tool. Just saw it laying in my neighbors yard while the steamer boy finished up.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
That ss tool pictured must be very old and some tube cut off. They wouldn't have that valve handle sticking out like that. Hey Chavez, stay away from that one on Ebay. It's all mine. You'd hurt yourself trying to clean these days. lol

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hey Chavez, stay away from that one on Ebay. It's all mine. You'd hurt yourself trying to clean these days. lol
What you didn't walk away with any Stanley tools when you left? Rumor has it they are still missing your van. :p

:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom