how long would it take you

rcl1006

i had a condo on the 3rd and 4th floor. there were 3 full bedrooms a 2nd living room 2 walk in closets, and a sitting area. 2 sets of stairs with 2 landings going down to the 3rd floorwith 8 steps on each section. carpet sq footage was a little over 1000 sq ft plus the steps.
i used my tm sent a set of hoses down from the 4th floor etc.

it took me about an hour to set everything up

carpets were`nt trashed they were do for a cleaning.
i vac`d it , presprayed and agatiated it, extracted it, gave it a fiber rinse,did 2 spot removels then raked it

job came out great i think i took to long,i did it by myself.

how long will it take you, and what would you charge for it

thanks rob

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
In the hour you took setting up most of my 2 man crews would have been almost finished. I think it did take too long.

rcl1006

like i said i was bymyself made a few trips up and down to setup. did the walk thru with the customer. how long would it take just 1 tech start to finish

rcl1006

ok so if it`s taking 45 min to set up and at least 30 min to break down. your techs doing that in 45 min or so?

Scott Rogers

with that setup and pre-vacuuming I would say 3.5-4 hours but there are alot a variables that would affect that. how much furniture was there to move, how cut up was the job. how many passes were required. etc.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I don't think Ken's crews vac, do they??
I don't think they pre-spray "average" jobs either

single man in the scenario you described
(we actually have a complex that sounds similar in set up)

appx 15 minutes to set up.

based on 1000sf of carpet actually cleaned;

20 to 30 minutes to vac 1000sf.
Maybe longer if it needs "Wernerized"
an hour to an hour and half to pre-spray and clean "right"

12 minutes tear down

the wild card here is if empty, how much furniture moving or if the custy is home.
The appx times I gave would be for no one home and no (or minimal) furniture moved

..L.T.A.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
1000sf would + 16stairs = 650+88=738
would take me about the same time to set up, most likely about 5hrs total. When you're by yourself its a whole lot different than with 2 guys. Esp if you're taking your time to not hit anything or mess up the landscaping. The time and care I take is part of the sale, comparing it to the guys that would be in and out in 1-2hrs incl set up. If its a move out, its usually a price deal and I'll refer it to the 1-2 hr guys.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ken's guys would have ran up the stairs with pressure, vac hoses and wand in hand.

Tossed them over the rail to the helper down below and in three minutes would have been wandulsifying away.

Helper boy would then come up and help pull hoses and post spot.

and possibly groom.

if they didn't leave the Grandi at the last job

six years ago....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ron Werner said:
would take me about the same time to set up, most likely about 5hrs total.

dayum...5 hours to clean 1000 sf.... :shock:

you'd think they'd get sick of seeing your anal retentive mug.... :p

..L.T.A.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
your time is not bad, but if my tech took that long id be driving over there helping. A portable would have been nice for that job i am sure.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
joeynbgky said:
A portable would have been nice for that job i am sure.

I don't see how a porty would of saved any time, Joey.

he'd still have to bring up all the same stuff..ie, wand, hoses, sprayer, spotting kit, etc... PLUS a 100 pound porty

climbing steps can be a PITA, be realistically you're only adding another 30 to 40 ft of hose to the job

..L.T.A.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I have one that sounds very similar that I've cleaned a couple of times. It takes me about 3 hours by myself set up and tear down included.

I don't groom though. gasp.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Elevator is great for the TM too. Ride up with most everything in one trip. 4th floor is only 30' of extra vertical. I have my solution lines on portable spools. Carry 50' of vac hose looped over my shoulder, wand, HF, and solution spool. Hook up HF to far point and unwind back toward the truck, usually down the center of a staircase. Go back down, hook up hoses and start TM. Get spotter bag and second section of vac hose and make the connection. Max 20 minutes.

650sf/hr when the machine starts. Haul!!

Wrapup 20 minutes max, even for me (58 years and counting).

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
lee, do you still clean carpets? or do you sit in the office and watch all the judge shows all day? which ones your favorite mathis? judy?

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I pass on the multi floor condo work. That is too much like work. I like cleaning houses where I don't need more than 150ft of hose.

I just had to clean a condo yesterday. It was only on the 2nd floor, but the only access was from a dirt lot next to the building with the hoses up through the balcony. It was a little over 700sf of carpet and no stairs. It took about 1 1/2 hours from driving up to pulling away. It was vacant. I did vacuum before cleaning.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
meAt said:
Ron Werner said:
would take me about the same time to set up, most likely about 5hrs total.

dayum...5 hours to clean 1000 sf.... :shock:

you'd think they'd get sick of seeing your anal retentive mug.... :p

..L.T.A.
No, 5hrs total
Arrive, measure/quote/setup/clean/tear down/finalize with client
Its a guesstimate. I don't mind taking my time. I'm in no rush. Get moving a lot of furniture, plus doing stairs, adds some time.
They see me doing an awesome job on their carpet, most times they leave me a cheque/cc# and take off, I call them when I'm done or am able to lock up on the way out.

rcl1006

thanks for the responces. it took me 5 hours. there was a elavator . i did`nt make it in one trip more like 3.
brought up vac, sebo ,blower,wand, stair wand, 100` and 50 ` of hoses, wall guards, towes, bucket.
i thought it took me to long.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom