How many are using Cool Cuffs:

Brian L

Name
Brian L
If so, how well are they holding up?

Are any of you using the newer swivel versions?

I have been using the grey knock-offs from Magic Wand for a couple years now. Almost time to replace them.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I use the swivel and I think that they are great.. One of the best items on my truck.... I have yet to have a hose twist on me.. I have had a set now for almost a year and still no problems...

I also use most of the adapters all are great product..

lance

Jim, is there any vac leakage from the cuffs? Did you glue them on to the hose?

I have Cool Cuffs and like them. What I do hate is how they have different versions that dont work with the older ones and why is there not a way to tell them apart when ordering them? Great product thats poorly sold IMHO

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I did not glue mine on... I have an electric reel and yank the hell out of my hoses and never had one come apart or unscrew from the hose... Like I said They have been complete.. trouble free.

They leak very little.. Not half as much as the other types I have tried..

I guess they all leak some.........

Billy

Name
BH
We use them & don't know how we got anything done without them. We don't have them glued. They do sometimes need a little tightening though.

Becker

Name
Becker
I use them between my 1st and 2nd hose, and between my 3rd and 4th hose.

I almost aways peel off 2 50 footers so I use a regular cuff after 2 sections.

J.R.

I too have them. I've used cool cuffs for at least 2 years and never had a problem with them. One of the best tools i've ever bought. They're holding up amazingly well. Being here in the desert of Az., we're always dragging the hose over rocks and the occasional cactus and nothing seems to damage them. So, i'm very happy with them.

P.S. This is my first post here. Finally found a topic I'm very familiar with. Everyone have a great evening.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
ahhhhhh the huachuca mountains.... I use to do alot of horse back riding there

horse___fly.gif

Welcome to Mike's board J.R. Ever get into Tucson give me a yell

If possible we will do lunch

J.R.

Hey Jim,
Unfortunately, I get to Tucson all too often. I hate the traffic the most. I've still got 2 sons and an ex who live there. I only see the ex when she wants her carpets cleaned. Next time I get up there I'll e-mail you and maybe we can get together and pick each others brain. What part of Tucson do you live?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I live in the northwest side. But just let me know I pretty much travel the whole city...........................

J.R.

Brian,

The only maintenance i have done is to spray a little wd-40 on the sliding latch once in a while to keep it moving smoothly.

Jim,

Usually am on the Southeast side ( Golflinks and Kolb ) but like you can travel all around town.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Never seen them. Never had a problem with my plastic, barbed tube connectors. What's the advantage of Cool Cuffs?

Mikey P

Administrator
● Easy to use – A simple 1/4 turn and it's connected. The latch locks it shut.

● Can't separate – Go up stairs, around corners, around the reel. It won't come apart.

● Durable – Rugged polypropylene (not vinyl), holds up to years of abuse.

● Looks Cool – It's only about half the length, it's ergonomic, and the ends are tapered.

● Inexpensive – Costs less than what it replaces: cuffs, barb & strap.

● Long lived – Easily outlasts the other connectors you've used.

● Compatible – Threads right onto your vac hoses just like your regular cuffs did.

● Versatile – The original locking cuff system. Seals, locks & swivels. Patented.

● Interchangeable – Reduces from 2" to 1 /1/2" with swivel or lock. Your choice.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I heard that he does not want to come to the board..

Not sure if it is true or why.............

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
There are definitely some makes of vac hose that fit the CoolCuff better than others. Which is why some of you find they screw on well and tight and others have problems.

We still love CoolCuffs and recommend them highly, sure they could be improved, but they are a great product as they are, we just couldn't work with Joe anymore.

Take care,
Lisa

S

Scott Noble

I've had carpalT and getting a little worse. CoolCuffs have really saved me some pain. Can't imagine not having them now.

Greenie

Wait til' you try the yellow Mytee cuffs, you'll have nerve damage before you figure out how to open them. Kind of this hard cheap plastic too, the kind that looks like it will crack if you dropped it just right. The hoels around the nerve damaging "pins" leak air, I imagine the threads will also as they are a hard plastic mating to a soft hose.

Speaking of Mytee, any feedback on the SpinMaster RX20 knock-off? I heard 1 out of 4 were coming back with cracked frames, but it's just talk, I can't confirm.

Billy

Name
BH
Brian Luddy said:
Where is Joe Bristor, anyway? Has he been here yet?

Joe is still around he just isn't interested in the boards for what seems like some pretty good reasons to me. I wish he would he has allot to offer people if you are willing to listen. He is very innovative & interesting to talk with.

:D :D :D Cool Cuffs are one of the best inventions in years IMHO. :D :D :D

Greenie

That's cause you are a cleaner Billy, you are the chosen, try being a supplier or Mfg., Joe will enlighten you with new vocabulary.

Billy

Name
BH
Greenie said:
That's cause you are a cleaner Billy, you are the chosen, try being a supplier or Mfg., Joe will enlighten you with new vocabulary.

I agree with you totally can't say I'm on that side for sure.

I try to only judge people by what I actually know about them. Not saying I don't make mistakes in judgment I make plenty of mistakes.

For that matter I'm sure people judge me incorrectly sometimes.

I have also had conversations with you & really can't say anything bad about you.

It is really hard to stay neutral :lol: :roll: . Moral of the story is I try to give everyone a chance until they do me wrong.

Back
Top Bottom