How many Custys in your Custy base??

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I have about 1000..not all are active.
I run Quickbooks to track them and it takes care of all my financials.

Just curious what the average for the one truck company has.

Or do you keep track?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
1272 ATM...however it changes names constantly but they're all still the SAME familys........

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'd be quite interested to learn how you get QB's to count them. I can get it to list them, of course, but not count them.

Tell me how.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
admiralclean said:
I'd be quite interested to learn how you get QB's to count them. I can get it to list them, of course, but not count them.

Tell me how.

The only way I have been able to get a count is to print the customer list. Before you print it will give you a Customer per page and then the amount of pages. Do the math and there you have it.

Name
Bruce
Right around 1000 , but every month we send out post cards are keep getting more and more back from people that have moved out of the state.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Do these numbers you are giving include move outs and property managers or just regular residential clients?

Name
Bruce
For me, those are regular Residential customers. If someone moves out we pull them out of the data base.

We just did a mail of 790some post cards to our clients , the rest of the clients we left out of the mailing where in area's that we didn't think it was going to be worth the post card or the special on the card.

Walt

About 900 give or take. Every time I do a mailing I get back 50 or so. Many repeat customers now.

Chris A

Name
Chris
about 1500 residential, I need to weed through the ones we haven't cleaned for in a long time.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I keep record of all my prop managers address'es but they don't get mailers. It's only for reference.
The Residentials that I do is where I am counting. If they move out the house still gets a mailer along with all others that say "or current resident" in the address line. I still get some back but it seems to help.

Name
R.J. Povio
about 5000 customers....commercial and residential. Not including apartment complexes as individual customers. I would say probably 4500 at the very least. Some haven't called in a while, some dead, some move away, some probably weren't happy. 3 cleaning trucks established almost 35 years. About 97% repeat and refferal customers.

Able 1

Name
Keith
How do you track that repeat and referal rating? I mean some custy call me from three years ago.

about 700 custy's so far as to the q.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Able 1 said:
How do you track that repeat and referal rating? I mean some custy call me from three years ago.

about 700 custy's so far as to the q.

Keep a record of all customers and always ask how they heard about you.
Quickbooks Pro works well for me. Easy to use once you learn what your doing.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I have qb pro and I just now figured out how to do it in a meaningful way. And when I say just now I mean literally just last night.

Go to the "lists" menu. Then the "client type list". From there you can create as many client types as you like. For example yellow pages, referral, internet, etc. Every time you enter a new customer just click on the way that they originally heard about you. Then you can run reports on how many of each you have. I'm not sure if this is the best way but it's easy and seems to work.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
On the customer edit page you can also list the source.
I have repeat, referral, Letip, internet, phone book (just in case) van and direct mail as my main sources. Repeat is used if the customer and I just don't know and they come back to me.
On the customer note pad I always list who referred me if it is a referral.

On my hard invoices I also have an area for Source.
If you don't track your custys you don't know where your ad dollars are working.

I usually ask over the phone while it's still fresh in their mind.
And I am sure there is a margin of error IE: "I think I saw you in the yellow pages". Ugh.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
On the client Type List I put whether it is Commercial or Residential. I think you can do it either way and get away with it.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Hollywood said:
On the client Type List I put whether it is Commercial or Residential. I think you can do it either way and get away with it.

I have two transaction "classes" one for residential and one for commercial. That way each transaction (not necessarily each customer) is classified as residential or commercial. The only difference is I have quite a few individuals who own a few rental properties and doing it this way allows me to call the rentals that I clean for them commercial and when I clean their personal house I call it residential.

I do know that I'm starting to think that the quickbooks customer manager program is a waste. It's starting to seem I can do everything right in the actual quickbooks program itself and not waste my time with customer manager.

Name
Bruce
Can you explain alittle more on the QB Customer Manager program, why you don't like it, was thinking about getting but if it's not nesessary then I will think twice about it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It basicly did everything the QB pro did except you could access it better on one page. It had a few bells and whistles like ability to do a file attatchment for photos but it still accessed your computer to bring it up. Nothing else that I can think of.

The part that sucks is when you need an invoice or estimate from a customer it still accesses your QB. It didn't store it on the manager. Big waste of time.

Oh I almost forgot. It has a scheduling screen. I think that is why I tried it out. I still write it out in my Dayminder.
Still wasn't worth it, but I think that would be the only real reason to get it. I'm sure someone loves it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom