How many days a week r u open for biz?

Name
George Valliant
From here on I've decided take sundays and mondays off and do whatever the hell I feel like (after my paperwork is done).

Any of you guys taking a couple days off per week for paperwork and goofing off?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Umm. I don't get any days off. Jobs are scheduled 7 days a week. I guess it sucks. We are the only carpet cleaning company here that answers the phone 24/7. Most here dont even answer the phone and some have answering services. Office phone is always forwarded to my cell! I made a $160.00 appointment last night at 10 pm. hell they might have been drunk when they called but i got it.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
4 of our 5 locations are open 7 days a week, selling rugs/flooring and our cleaning centers are open 7 days a week as well. We have 3-6 crews out cleaning on any given sunday, more as we get closer to the holidays.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I generally work Mon. thru Fri. w/ an occasional Saturday but will answer the phone whenever it rings.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Monday threw Friday and 2 Saturdays out of the month....

when the busy season hits then I am Monday threw Saturday....

It had better be pretty important and worth my time to fire up the truck on a Sunday..
I also do no night work and I am always home before dinner.........

Name
BradFenstermaker
M-F with some nite work about once or twice a wk.

Lost alot of weekends in my past working life, that is why my business was born.

Someone has to be very special to us to fire the truck up on the weekend. Or a huge paying job :mrgreen:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Store hours: M 9-7 T-F9-5 S 9-noon. Will stay late or come in on Sundays if customer sets up appointment. Cleaning is mostly Monday through Saturday with whenever jobs get scheduled. Installs are always done in the day time between 7 am and 8 pm. We are on call for cleaning emergencies or help when ever a customer gets a hold of us.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Our company is open Monday - Sat. While I have people that want to work Sundays and customers that want Sunday work - I decided long ago that the company will NEVER be open on Sundays for carpet cleaning. ( However: We do perform emergency water damage work).

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'll work every day of the week untill I'm booked M-F every week.. I do think as the years go on I will shoot for a M-f, for myself at least.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I never stop working because I own a company.

Phones slow down after noon on Friday and mostly slow on Saturday so the company dictates some time off.
If the phone rings late I don't answer because I figure they want to leave a message (8pm and after). If they want me to call them back right away I will.
I was taught to never use the phone after 9pm unless it's an emergency.

Sundays, nothing really happens anyway...again if they call, I answer or call them back if it's a late message.

The Wifey runs her own business so she understands the hours.
The first Wife never could understand why I wasn't on at 8am and off 5pm like "normal" people.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom